• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac......

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/apple.php
    From Adam Webb

Re: Mac......

i hate macintosh,

so according to the ad... im straight... well it seems to be true.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I have had the severe misfortune of helping an artist who uses osx.2.8.whothehellcaresafterthefirstpointanyway.1 every program just disappears if you accidentally click outside the box, and with the WHOLE FREAKIN MOUSE being a button, it is kinda hard not to click. and WTF is up with no right click.... this IS the 21st century and people do know what a right click is. for 2000.00, they can't afford to put 2 buttons on the freakin mouse?!?!!??!!!!!! and dont get me started on the B&W crap.... 10 yrs after windows started thinking in color, mac is still 64000 shades of grey with three colors for windowbuttons, and they are grey till you mouse over them. I used to think mac was made for beauty, and there are a few tricks that I like, (nothing that cant be done for free on xp now btw) but for pete sake, if you have to close every program to get the thing to dial the internet, there is SOMETHING wrong..... windows resource management anyone? everyone makes fun of windows for being a "mac '86" wannabe, but winxp, for all it's faults, is cheaper, more stable, more user friendly, easier to use, less resource intense, more capable, more configurable, and better looking. not to mention you dont have to buy a microsoft computer to run a microsoft os. there's the biggest WTF I can think of.

end rant............sorry.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

hehe let it all out!
        From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
          I have had the severe misfortune of helping an artist who uses osx.2.8.whothehellcaresafterthefirstpointanyway.1 every program just disappears if you accidentally click outside the box, and with the WHOLE FREAKIN MOUSE being a button, it is kinda hard not to click. and WTF is up with no right click.... this IS the 21st century and people do know what a right click is. for 2000.00, they can't afford to put 2 buttons on the freakin mouse?!?!!??!!!!!! and dont get me started on the B&W crap.... 10 yrs after windows started thinking in color, mac is still 64000 shades of grey with three colors for windowbuttons, and they are grey till you mouse over them. I used to think mac was made for beauty, and there are a few tricks that I like, (nothing that cant be done for free on xp now btw) but for pete sake, if you have to close every program to get the thing to dial the internet, there is SOMETHING wrong..... windows resource management anyone? everyone makes fun of windows for being a "mac '86" wannabe, but winxp, for all it's faults, is cheaper, more stable, more user friendly, easier to use, less resource intense, more capable, more configurable, and better looking. not to mention you dont have to buy a microsoft computer to run a microsoft os. there's the biggest WTF I can think of.

end rant............sorry.
          #
          alll valid plus you dont have to buy a new computer every five minutes because upgrades and parts are non existant in the mac market,

windows is the tool,

mac is the fool

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Our school has used the same mac for 3 years. It's been upgrades (laptops and desktops) to MAC OS X. EXTREMLY slow in starting. I just dont like macs in general. They're more for developing o.O
            /rant

Score 10 = PC
            Score -10 = MAC

Comment

I have heard that everyone in the design world uses them.
              Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
                I have heard that everyone in the design world uses them.

because they are cheap,

oh and not to mention all the shapes and colours very gay.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                  because they are cheap,

ssince when is 2000 mac for a 1000 pc cheap?
                  From Adam Webb

Comment

you mean they are charging 2000 for a piece of **** like a mac, i didtn know that

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

the "design world" is migrating as well. programs like quark express that were one time mac only are cross platform now, freehand by macromedia and adobe photoshop and illustrator are also cross platform. its the program that dictates the platform, and the program is getting pc friendly............

everyone wave bye bye to the mac..... I give it 4 years to chapter 13.
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

because they are cheap,

because they are better at graphics and video. Plus I would guess the designs are more apealing to graphic people. Macs are much more stylish. The Titanium laptops arent gay, but the rest is I agree

They dont make good games for them though so nothing else matters.

I think Mac will be around much longer than 4 years. Their product placement in every movie will keep them a live longer than that. They market like crazy so I think they will last. Plus think about market share. How many companies are competing for the PC business? Now how many companies are competing for the Apple business. They can maintain a much smaller market share when you compare PC to Mac and still do really well.

I used to be part of the PC vs. Mac thing. But I have used them both enough to know its really jsut what ever you learned on you are going to prefer. (Unless you are a gamer then its all PC hands down)
                        Last edited by Cap; 05-24-2004, 11:32 AM.

ACU Web| | |

Comment

because they are better at graphics and video

ahhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha :icon_razz :icon_bigg

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

ahhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha :icon_razz :icon_bigg
                            thats the opinion I always get from mac graphics people. Like I said though it really jsut depends on what you learned on, thats what you will be loyal to.

ACU Web| | |

Comment

I was on the understanding that Mac's could handle graphic applications much better than any PC. If that weren't the case - it would have died long ago as mac's are generally more expensive.

Does anyone here talking actually know anything about Mac's?
                              Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X