A growing threat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A growing threat

My fellow gamers, woodland creatures, and other assorted beings, there is a dire threat on the internet that seeks to end the growing wildlife revolution.

Yes, you guessed correctly, the threat I speak of is none other than the North American Defense against Squirrels. Yes, NADS. I urge all of you to give your time, your effort, your money and whatever nuts or salted peanuts you have in your kitchen to the cause of La Squirrel de Revolucion. Together, we can topple the opposition and we will create a New World Order in our time.

Thank you,

Mr. Dr. Secret Squirrul III, Esq. DMD. MD. PC.

Re: A growing threat

It looks as if the war has officially started. Godspeed, General Squirrul. Godspeed.

http://www.break.com/index/squirrel_catapult.html
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

The entire campus here in Ann Arbor is swarming with some of the fattest squirrels you've ever seen, and they have absolutely no fear of humans. It's also not unusual to have several deer walking around the lawn right outside my dorm, completely ignoring everyone.

Comment

The University of Texas campus is definitely squirrel heaven. Some students sit on the benches to eat lunch and the squirrels will run up to them, begging for food.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Barracuda_Magoo View Post
          The entire campus here in Ann Arbor is swarming with some of the fattest squirrels you've ever seen, and they have absolutely no fear of humans. It's also not unusual to have several deer walking around the lawn right outside my dorm, completely ignoring everyone.
          Yeah, but those squirrels in A2 make for hours and hours of endless drunken fun though.
          | | |

Comment

True enough.

Comment

The squirrels are so cute!

I like the squirrels around college campuses. I wish some of the ones around my house weren't so afraid of the us. I'd be feeding them and petting them...and well you get the idea. :D
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I for one welcome our new rodent overlords.

Anyways, the best squirrel related story I have is this little bastard that would antagonize our Golden Retriever non-stop. He would sit on a rock peering at her, then when she chased him, it would run up the small pecan tree and circle back and forth around the trunk leading Hali (my dog) on a goose chase, dancing just out of her reach. Then as she'd walk off, he'd dart to the other (full grown) pecan tree, once again dancing about right out of her reach, taunting her. I would watch this with morbid fascination for a good half an hour at a time.

It continued for quite a while (probably a good year or two).

One day, my sister came home and decided Hali wasn't getting enough exercise (aka, I wasn't taking care of MY dog). So, my sister goes out on the back porch where Hali is chewing on a stick.

Sitting in the kitchen, I was completely oblivious to the situation until I hear the most blood curdling scream from my sister. After running outside, I noticed a rather angry Hali rushing to the spot my sister threw the dead squirrel she happened to grab out of Hali's mouth (instead of the supposed stick).

So, I go pick it up, and the squirrel is in relatively good condition, no outward tearing or anything, just what looked like a broken neck. Hali really didn't seem to interested in eating it, just playing with it.

As I walked down to throw it in the lake, much to Hali's chagrin (she followed me the whole way down with a look of "what the Hell are you doing with my toy?"), I wondered if this was the squirrel that had taunted her for so long. I'll never be sure, but I never did see any squirrels taunting Hali again.

My mom swears to this day that "it must have been sick, or already dead." She could be right, but I like to think that squirrel was either a little to slow that day or a little too cocky. Lesson learned: don't pick on an animal 20 times bigger than you.

Comment

lol.

That was a good story. I wonder if dogs and squirrels could ever get along, seeing how the two animals are possibly the most loved by humans.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                    lol.

That was a good story. I wonder if dogs and squirrels could ever get along, seeing how the two animals are possibly the most loved by humans.
                    Squirrels? Most loved?

Double yew, tee, eff?
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I am one of the founding fathers of of "Bird Watchers with guns" (founded Oct. 86} we also shoot Squirrels on request/as needed.

The story: my best pal and I were goose/duck hunting in Addisson at the mangerment area. we came across a bunch of bird watchers wandering around the area around our land blind, they looked at us like we were some kind of hideous killers. {we both were in full camo and paint} one asked us what the hell did we think we were doing. {stan and I both had our 12ga pumps slung} we told them we were bird watchers too, one lady sald what! stan spoke up and said yup, we're bird watchers with guns. you should seen the look on their faces :)
                      from that day on, we were "bird watchers with guns"
                      Thats how "bird watchers with guns" was born.
                      {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Originally posted by sgt fetterman View Post
                        from that day on, we were "bird watchers with guns"
                        Thats how "bird watchers with guns" was born.
                        Oh man, that's one of the funniest hunting stories I've ever heard!
                        | | |

Comment

we didn't get any hunting done there on that pond that morning A/D becuase they were there and we didn't want any one hurt or their feelings hurt by seeing us shooting ducks. we went puddle jumping instead for woodies and blacks.
                          {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

I have a goofy dog vs bird story of my own.

One day after letting Bowser (our Yorkie) out to go do his terroristic acts, we noticed that he had a small wound on his back barely bigger than a paper cut. But it intrigued me and my family, so my mom watched out the backdoor as Bowser went to go frolick in the backyard. A few minutes passed, nothing happened. Then, all of a sudden, a little bird with white stripes on it's wings darts down out of a tree and does a dive-bombing maneuver on my dog, nipping and/or clawing at his back (it's hard to tell what it was actually doing since it always happened so fast). Bowser did his normal thing and chased it back to it's tree and began barking at it. Mom brought him back in, feeling sorry for him.

Every summer when Bowser went outside the birds with white stripes would be waiting for him. Sometimes even if he didn't see a bird in the sky he'd look up and start barking. Just to keep in practise, I guess.

Then, Bowser's true nemesis arrived: the neighborhood peacock.

This thing is big. About the size of a large dog, with tail feathers a few feet long. You would think that the instant Bowser saw it that he would definitely not mess with it. Hell no, he took off after it at top speed, barking madly. The peacock wasn't having it, though. It spread it's tail feathers out real wide and took a stance that said 'bring it' in peacock language. Bowser, being the dumbass that he was, brought it. He almost reached the peacock when it decided not to bother itself with a small, apparently-rabid, stupid Yorkshire Terrier and flew up onto our roof to wait for Bowser to be taken back inside.

To this day every time I try to mow the back lawn I get threats from the white-stripe birds. They have extremely loud voices and if you don't go away from their tree when they start screaming they will attack.

Comment

Fenix I hope you washed your hands!!!
                              "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X