See A video of the New WWII memorial and watch PBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See A video of the New WWII memorial and watch PBS

There's a video via the DVA (Disabled American Veterans) website which touches base with a documentary of WWII. I just joined DVA recently and was snooping around. Seems guys like Tony Curtis, James Arness(Gunsmoke from TV), Bob Dole who fought to make this monument happen and alot of other vets. It will Air on PBS May 30, 2004 9:30PM check your local listings for this awesome event.

Last week, My Dad came to visit my family and we saw this awesome memorial. I sure hope you will all get the chance to visit this memorial. It is located between the Lincoln Memorial and the Washington Monument at the washington monument end of the reflection pool.

a link to preview the PBS preview video of the WWII video is here ->http://www.dav.org/news/images/WWII__PromoWebMed.wmv

Dialup users here's your video ->http://www.dav.org/news/images/WWII__PromoWebSmall.wmv

Finally!...Our men and women of WWII get what they deserve!

If you're coming to the festivities, here's the DVA website for more info ->http://www.dav.org/news/index.html

pictures are also here of the memorial ->http://www.wwiimemorial.com/default....subpage=photos
    Last edited by xliipapa6; 05-26-2004, 08:42 PM.

Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Re: See A video of the New WWII memorial and watch PBS

Are you planning on seeing the memorial any time soon Papa? I know that I am headed down to DC in a week or so to check it out.

Comment

I would absolutely love to be there for that ceremony...someday I will make the trip.
      New to TG?

Comment

If there was a cermony, than I would go in a heart beat. I love going to those type of things.
        If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
        -Murphy

Comment

Yes I've been there. My wife and I love the monument. It does our WWII vets proud. I got to see it with the fountains running as well.. Back in February, My wife and I saw the construction process and it required the reflection pool to be drained.

The ceremony for the New WWII monument will be May 29th 2004. due to security concerns, don't bring any large baggage, or even if you have a metal hip replacement. you must bring doctors documentation.

Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Comment

Are they that concerned? That is kinda scary to think about. Hmmm, I may be able to go...today is my last day of school. I could maybe go. Sounds good to me.
            -Murphy

Comment

Yeah, they are concerned that this might be a good opportunity for a terrorist to hit a high profile target like it is.

All of the streets in the area of the mall have been shut down for the weekend activities. Just know that you must account for tightened security.

Edited*
              advice: If you come in from the arlington direction, take the blueline to smithsonian. from the north, take Redline to metrocenter and get on orangeline direction of new carrollton or blueline in direction of addison rd. and go two stops and get out at smithsonian.

or of you come from huntington Virginia, get on the yeallow line, get off at lefant plaza, get on either the orange or bluelines and get off at the smithsonian.

Each DC Metro station has maps of the different train routes. so if you get turned around and confused, just look to these maps to help you. even the metro employees and transit police will be happy to direct you to where you need to go.
              Last edited by xliipapa6; 05-27-2004, 11:16 AM.

George S. Patton

Comment

All I got to say is....

about fricken time

Comment

As long as nothing happens, I will enjoy myself. I dont get why people would want to hurt someone during a time of honoring though...
                  -Murphy

Comment

So what did you guys think about the PBS special last night? The Memorial Day Concert was amazing. The documentary on the building of the memorial had some great personal stories mixed in from the war too. Those were the best two hours of TV I think I've ever watched.
                    New to TG?

Comment

It was very nice, I would agree with it being "the best two hours of TV I think I've ever watched."
                      -Murphy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X