Male Birth Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male Birth Control

Well gentlemen, the day of liberation is nigh. Hormonal male birth control is coming out fairly soon. Now women can't just say "Woops, I'm pregnant, let's get married," without the man going "Well it must not be mine, cuz I'm on the pill...you're fired." There are a lot of women out there who try and hook up with military men for various reasons, and two of my old squadron mates married the wrong women who coerced them by saying they were pregnant. They're divorced now, because the women were both lying and were truly psychotic. Women have had the freedom to use birth control for decades. Now it's our turn.
    Now, I'm married, so none of this really applies to me, but for all the single men out there, I believe this is a good thing.

http://health.msn.com/centers/mensex...ntid=100157847
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Re: Male Birth Control

critical quote:

Originally posted by the article
    Within the next 10 to 12 years
    The sounds-like-blue-balls method:

Dry orgasm pill.
    Dry orgasm? WTF?
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

P. O. E.
      A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
        critical quote:

The sounds-like-blue-balls method:

Dry orgasm? WTF?
        Dry whaa!?!?!?! Ouch.

And this:

Originally posted by Article
        On the other hand, if purse holders don’t believe that male contraception is worth funding, then the concept could remain in limbo indefinitely.

Ahahaha, purse holders? Maggie Koerth-Baker you funny person you.

I'd take the "Man Pill" no problem, where's the sign-up sheet?
        Oyee

Comment

I didnt catch if it mentioned how much it cost, if its cheaper than condoms than it seems like ill have to put the trojans in another place, if not, then ill stay with latex wrapped around my member.
          AKA
          USMCSierraJuan
          Sierra_6177

Defabian

Comment

If you're not comfortable with clinical terminology, stop reading here.

The clinical tests on this look promising. 99.98% effectiveness against insemination in initial trials according to the data that i've looked at, which puts it right on par with female birth control. It also has the same reversability as female birth control, which means that when/if you decide the time is right, you can "go off" the pill and conceive. The major downside is that unlike female birth control, if you forget to take it, you cant get a morning after pill for the guy, it's still on the female partner to do that dirty work.

For those of you who are not familiar with what a "dry orgasm" is, it simply means that the male doesnt ejaculate upon climax. The sensation is still there, but nothing is released.

Also, initial markeability puts it in the $40-60 per month range, equally on par with female birth control. Bottom line being that if you only engage in sexual activity infrequently, then condoms are still the way to go. But if intercourse is a regular thing, then you're probably better off with the pill.

I'd love to see this be marketed. Talk about your strange twist in tv commercials. Guys usually complain about having to see commercials about female birth control and feminine hygiene products. Wonder how we'll react to seeing a Man-Pill commercial. Plus, if guys are gonna go on it, they better come up with a good name for it (Iron Giant comes to mind :D )and market it with free "natural enhancement" supplements.

I know we have a few women in the TG community, i'd love to see their take on it. Someone pry Keres out of warcrack long enough to post something.

Comment

Of course someone needs to point out that a pill will not protect you from STDs. Keep it wrapped fellas ;)
              Retired 6th DB

Comment

Vasectomy FTW! It took about 15 minutes and cost soo much less in the long run…
                "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
                  Of course someone needs to point out that a pill will not protect you from STDs. Keep it wrapped fellas ;)
                  Cyanide pill? Once you're dead, you definitely won't need to worry about STDs! ;)

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post

LOL! I hear ya man!!!

Next I can't wait to see the commercials with the ending statements of side effects being... nausea, dizziness and impotence...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

A lot of individuals here seem to have been getting a big kick recently out of saying things like "evil women who force men into marriages" while a woman still gets raped by a man every 8 minutes or so? I don't mind a bit of the anti-feminazi statements every now and then, but try to remember the still overwhelmingly female-victim instances of coercion and abuse. :(

Either way, this is a great prospect to look forward to in the future. Dry orgasm? Heck yes! I think that would go over great with a lot of men and women for various reasons that would be highly awkward to discuss!

-Zephyr
                      You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                      We are not a single game.
                      We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                      We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                        yeah...but some of us are too young to get one

(im pretty sure the military wont pay for me to get one if im 23 and have no kids)

I'd totally do this.

This + condom = male freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by section-8 View Post
                          This + condom = male freedom.
                          Dont you also need women too? :D
                          -Zephyr
                          You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                          We are not a single game.
                          We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                          We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I don't like reading the phrase: "dry orgasm".

Sounds like a long-term effect could be infertility?
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                              I know we have a few women in the TG community, i'd love to see their take on it. Someone pry Keres out of warcrack long enough to post something.
                              LOL... I was already typing my response when I read the end of your post. So here's my opinion:

I LOVE my pill, and even if this came to be, I would still stay on it. Since I got on it at 16, my mood stabilized, my periods stopped coming twice a month for five days a piece, and I stopped cramping nearly as much. The primary reason for being on the birth control was actually secondary to me. Now that I am sexually active (thank goodness Mom and Dad aren't on these forums), it serves its primary purpose as well. However, I would never give up these pills. I attribute the fact that my depression subsided to the fact that my estrogen levels were corrected, and I don't want to go back to that place again.

However, I would only use this form with a man that I was in a serious relationship with and trusted. 1 out of every 4 of my peers are infected or had been infected with some kind of STD and those STDs, if left untreated, could cause infertility.

Regardless, I'm in love with the fact that our advances in medicine and technology can produce this, and I hope that we can make as easily accessible as condoms are, and I also hope that when it is marketed that it doesn't embarrass men from asking their doctors about it.
                              --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X