Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Music Video...ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best Music Video...ever?

    I consider myself a fan of good music, past and present, but mostly past. I may be young, but I mostly prefer older music that is before my time. I just don't think that "My lovely lady lumps" deserves to be so popular. Same with Little John. How the hell did that fool ever get a record deal? I like some rap, but he's stinkin' horrible. Is it just me or is music not as epic as it used to be. I just wanted to share what I think is the most rocking music video ever, "I Would Do Anything For Love", by Meatloaf. Not my favorite song, but my fav video. Please contribute what you think are the best as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-52wWhZS_8

    And one of my favorite songs/performances. Yes I know it was way too popular back in it's day, but Simon & Garfunkel were so great.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH4wkkbsHsk

    I wasn't alive back in the hey days of Page & Plant, Simon & Garfunkel, or Cream, but what can I say? The classics rule.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

  • #2
    Re: Best Music Video...ever?

    Daler Mehndi -- Tunak tunak tun
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=s9qvCTdBLDs

    :row__572:



    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Best Music Video...ever?

      Yeah! Daler Mehndi's the man!
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Best Music Video...ever?

        Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
        I just don't think that "My lovely lady lumps" deserves to be so popular.

        Bite your tongue! will.i.am is pretty darn good.

        There is plenty of good stuff today. The thing about the "classics" is that history has been able to filter out the noise. There was a bunch of crap back then also, you just were not around to hear it.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Best Music Video...ever?

          No question. Tool.

          Pretty much anything by them, especially their middle albums... Undertow, Aenima, and Lateralus.

          Click




          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Best Music Video...ever?

            Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
            The thing about the "classics" is that history has been able to filter out the noise. There was a bunch of crap back then also, you just were not around to hear it.
            Yeah, that's probably true. Just as today there are some good people out there. I think John Mayer is an incredible blues guitarist. His not so popular stuff is incredible. I also think that Wolfmother rocks, but I think they're a throwback to Zepellin. I guess what I'm thinking of is that things like Folk music just aren't popular anymore. Also, music that relies on instrumental or vocal talent doesn't seem to be a requirement to make it big these days. Please name even one mega-popular male vocalist from today. One with the talent of Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, or has-beens that are singing at Vegas shows. Maybe I'm just too old and curmudgeonly for being so young.
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Best Music Video...ever?

              Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
              I guess what I'm thinking of is that things like Folk music just aren't popular anymore. Also, music that relies on instrumental or vocal talent doesn't seem to be a requirement to make it big these days.
              Sadly, this is mostly true. But the good news is that talented musicians can be found in every city on the planet. If you pay close attention to the local music scene, you can find some great stuff and you can see it in a small venue.

              I live in a town of 4000, and some of the best performances I've seen in my life have been at the local hall. I just found out the other day that I missed some of Canada's best when they came in November. I saw Rick the year before, but I REALLY would have liked to see Suzie Vinnick.

              As long as you don't mind that the musicians you prefer are not well known around the world, you will be happy.
              Please name even one mega-popular male vocalist from today. One with the talent of Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, or has-beens that are singing at Vegas shows. Maybe I'm just too old and curmudgeonly for being so young.
              It isn't cool to sing like they did anymore. There are a few mega-talented stars around these days. It's just sometimes hard to see the talent because the popularity is mainly because of the fluff. I won't mention any names for fear of the response, but they are certainly mega-popular. ;)
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Best Music Video...ever?

                Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                Yeah, that's probably true. Just as today there are some good people out there. I think John Mayer is an incredible blues guitarist. His not so popular stuff is incredible. I also think that Wolfmother rocks, but I think they're a throwback to Zepellin. I guess what I'm thinking of is that things like Folk music just aren't popular anymore. Also, music that relies on instrumental or vocal talent doesn't seem to be a requirement to make it big these days. Please name even one mega-popular male vocalist from today. One with the talent of Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, or has-beens that are singing at Vegas shows. Maybe I'm just too old and curmudgeonly for being so young.
                I was suprised to find out how many of the "classic" performers never did dominate the charts.
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Best Music Video...ever?

                  Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
                  Daler Mehndi -- Tunak tunak tun
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=s9qvCTdBLDs

                  :row__572:
                  Actually, I must say, the Sikh techno makes a sad gun happy :)

                  banghra banghra bangrha bangrha :)
                  Do or do not, there is no try....
                  -- Yoda, Dagobah

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Best Music Video...ever?

                    In all seriousnous though;
                    Mirfee's suggestion is solid, especially Stinkfist, when it first hit: no one had done anything like that before.

                    In addition, I'd like to nominate most of Radiohead's stuff.

                    Good places to start are Paranoid Android(watch the last bit of the second movement of this and tell me it doesn't remind you of PRM). Karma Police and No Surprises are just pure class...
                    Do or do not, there is no try....
                    -- Yoda, Dagobah

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Best Music Video...ever?

                      I like a lot of the music videos on this site: (surely helps that I like some of the bands too though)

                      http://www.submarinechannel.com/cont...sicVideos.html
                      |TG-12th|mantis

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Best Music Video...ever?

                        Originally posted by gunjunkie View Post
                        In all seriousnous though;
                        Mirfee's suggestion is solid, especially Stinkfist, when it first hit: no one had done anything like that before.
                        Ah, i love tool. Especially Danny Carey, who is absolutely amazing with the drums. Stinkfist is a funny name for a gross song :) The metaphor behind it makes up for it though.

                        This thread reminds me of why i loved Austin so much. Its the music capital of the world, with tons of small bands all over the city. 6th street in austin is the place to be if you like live music. I think Beatnik's band is playing in SXSW this weekend.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Best Music Video...ever?

                          I'd help her get out of this "God forsaken town"... or help "hose me down"... whichever she prefers.

                          But great band and great song... never had seen the video before, but it's cool!

                          ()

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Best Music Video...ever?

                            I'm loving Modest Mouses' new video "Dashboard". Just a crazy video. I also like Modest Mouse alot.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Best Music Video...ever?

                              Radiohead videos are a close second to Chemical Brothers in terms of fantastic videos...

                              Believe:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffLt1z7pBNw

                              Poor guy takes his work home with him... do not give me what he is taking.

                              Forgot another amazing one: Fatboy Slims Bird of Prey..., featuring Jim Morrison:

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unF1QIdwdfs

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X