I want this car!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want this car!

Ok, it's official. After seeing this, I don't want a Ferrari or Lambo anymore. This is where my money's going when I reach my mid-life crisis. And I should still have enough money left over to eat too! Jay Leno was ranting and raving about this car on nbc.com, and I'll take his word for it since he has one of the largest private car collections in the world. The Ariel Atom. That's where it's at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Re: I want this car!

wow - cool video... I drove that car once... at best buy... Project Gotham Racing for xbox360 was on demo :D

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
      Ok, it's official. After seeing this, I don't want a Ferrari or Lambo anymore. This is where my money's going when I reach my mid-life crisis. And I should still have enough money left over to eat too! Jay Leno was ranting and raving about this car on nbc.com, and I'll take his word for it since he has one of the largest private car collections in the world. The Ariel Atom. That's where it's at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA

Wow!

Wonder if they make them with the steering wheel on the proper side :madsmile:

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Yes they do my friend. Go here to see Jay Leno's Atom. His has the GM Ecotec engine, which he says is better balanced than the Honda's.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post

Wow!

Wonder if they make them with the steering wheel on the proper side :madsmile:

DB

oit.... the steering wheel is on the proper side... thats a somerset car lad.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan View Post
            oit.... the steering wheel is on the proper side... thats a somerset car lad.

Spiffing !

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I plan on having one by christmas. :D

Comment

If they make one powered by a nuclear reactor, I'll buy one. Until then, this car sucks as much as every other one.

I hate gas.

Here is how you may call me:
                Ty (Tie), or Tychus. (Tie-cuss)'. Full pronounciation: Tie-can-dur-us
                -Tychandrus

Comment

Ok for the uneducated and to lazy to figure it out myself how much is 20,000.00 pounds in american cold hard cash?
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd guess around 40 G's.

Comment

google this: "20000 pounds in dollars"

Comment

It'll probably be pretty tough to get it street legal though. Probably impossible...
                        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Actually it CAN be street legal. All you need is your standard horn, brake lights, blinkers, headlights, etc. This site explains more about the car and it's legality:
                          http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ariel-atom.htm
                          Last edited by War.mongeR1; 03-20-2007, 01:01 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

Yeah, I think you'd have trouble here because of safety restrictions. No airbags and I imagine adding NHTSA approved bumpers would severely screw up the handling characteristics of the car. Still, I want one. :D
                            sigpic

Comment

http://www.arielatom.com/
                              ^^the US manufacturer of the car. Standard price with full options (300hp supercharged, big brake package, etc) is $78k. So maybe not christmas for me, but probably by the time I get my doctorate in 2 years.
                              Also, I know for a fact theyre street legal because theres a guy who has one about 2 miles away from where I live and he drives it in public. I've even seen him with a cop sitting right behind him at a light and the cop didnt pull him over or anything.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X