Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An important question of taste and timing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An important question of taste and timing.

The situation.

You have two very good beers. (Pick whatever your favorite beer is.)

You have three decent beers. (Again, pick yours.)

And finally four cheap beers. (you know what to do)

You want them to last for two days.

In what order do you drink? Why?
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: An important question of taste and timing.

Woops! I drank them all and it's only day 1. :(
    | | |

Comment

Day one: Decent. Cheap. Cheap. Excellent.
      Day two: Decent. Cheap. Cheap. Decent. Excellent.
      (presuming my goal involves drinking them ALL over two days)

It's like a standup routine. You tell your second-best joke first, to get people involved. You save your best stuff for last.

Day two gets the bonus of having a ramp-up to the good stuff.

And since I get drunk off of beer faster than any other alcohol, let me tell you that I would be fun to be around for these two days.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Drink the good ones first; you won't taste 'em after a while anyways.
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I'd drink the cheap ones first, saving the best for last. Besides, it's hard to go from a great beer to a cheap one. They just don't taste the same once you're palette's been spoiled.
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
            Drink the good ones first; you won't taste 'em after a while anyways.
            ^^ He speaks the truth... start w/ the good stuff

Comment

The question is, why only nine beers? That doesnt even give you the opportunity to have an even split between the two days.

As for me, one top notch beer each day at the beginning, followed by a decent beer and topped off with a mediocre beer. Three is plenty for me to relax. If I wanted to get hammered, I would have simply not bought the $10 worth of beer in the first place and got a cheap bottle of hard liquor instead.

Comment

Well, If you don't start drinking until late in the evening on the first day into the wee hours of the second day you can just get it over with in one session.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                  Well, If you don't start drinking until late in the evening on the first day into the wee hours of the second day you can just get it over with in one session.
                  QFT!
                  | | |

Comment

You gotta remember this is about taste. Because for me, 9 recognizable American beers are just barely getting me buzzed. I have a super high tolerance for some reason and it usually takes a case or two to get me drunk. Especially with the cheap beers. I can drink light beers all night long and never feel a thing. German "Perminator" or "1878" is a whole different story, though. Those beers knock me out pretty quick.

I really need to fly back to Germany to re-stock on beer. I usually pick up about 4-5 cases when I go. Guess I'll have to wait until the Spring semester's over. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                      See, this is exactly why this man is in charge. That's tactical drinking right there. Apophis is a master strategist.
                      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

This was my decision.

cheap, cheap, decent, decent, cheap

cheap, decent, best, best, (cheap if last one from next day left over)

Here is my reasoning.

The first beer of the day is ALWAYS good. And because it is so good I tend to drink it kinda fast. So I drink the first one in about 5 minutes and the second one might as well be one with the same taste because it is going down fast also.

I can now drink a couple of the decent ones because the initial buzz has hit and I can now slow down and enjoy it. Final cheap one is optional depending on what is on TV.

Second day I again start off with the cheap one(s) again, then the final decent one and finish off with the good ones. I leave the good ones for last because if I don't feel like drinking them all I will have an good "emergency beer" sitting in the fridge.

At first I worried about drinking the good ones while to inebriated but 5 beers are not going to be able to do that. If I was to drink all nine maybe.

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                        The question is, why only nine beers? That doesnt even give you the opportunity to have an even split between the two days.
                        I have a beer budget. I promised my wife I would only drink 18-20 a week. Saturday I over spent just a bit. Another problem is she bought my beer for me and bought bud light (aka the cheap stuff). I love my wife with all my heart but she doesn't know beer.
                        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

This must be, without a shadow of a doubt, the most important and relevent topic we have ever discussed in the depths of the Sandbox. I'm not joking. These are the little things in life that can make such an impact on our little existance in this vast universe.

Comment

Just reading this thread make s me want to go to the fridge......brb!

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                              This was my decision.

cheap, cheap, decent, decent, cheap

cheap, decent, best, best, (cheap if last one from next day left over)

Here is my reasoning.

The first beer of the day is ALWAYS good. And because it is so good I tend to drink it kinda fast. So I drink the first one in about 5 minutes and the second one might as well be one with the same taste because it is going down fast also.

I can now drink a couple of the decent ones because the initial buzz has hit and I can now slow down and enjoy it. Final cheap one is optional depending on what is on TV.

Second day I again start off with the cheap one(s) again, then the final decent one and finish off with the good ones. I leave the good ones for last because if I don't feel like drinking them all I will have an good "emergency beer" sitting in the fridge.

At first I worried about drinking the good ones while to inebriated but 5 beers are not going to be able to do that. If I was to drink all nine maybe.
                              I'll go along with your plan or Apo's!
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X