Kiddie Car Bombs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiddie Car Bombs?

wow... how totally, utterly desperate/insane/fill-in-the-blank must someone be to blow up kids? wonder if it was the bombers' kids or if they were 'borrowed'

Police said children were used in a weekend car bombing in which the driver gained permission to park in a busy shopping area after he pointed out that he was leaving his children in the back seat.

The account appeared to confirm one given Tuesday by a US general. He said children were used in a Sunday bombing in northern Baghdad and labeled it a brutal new tactic put to use by insurgents to battle a five-week-old security crackdown in the capital.

Maj. -Gen. Michael Barbero, deputy director for regional operations on the Joint Staff, said the vehicle used in the attack was waved through a US military checkpoint because two children were visible in the back seat. He said it was the first reported use of children in a car bombing in Baghdad.

"Children in the back seat lowered suspicion, (so) we let it move through, they parked the vehicle, the adults run out and detonate it with the children in the back," Barbero told reporters in Washington. "The brutality and ruthless nature of this enemy hasn't changed."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...=1173879144697

Re: Kiddie Car Bombs?

How can anyone want to blow up random strangers so badly that they will sacrifice there own kids to do it!? Totally insane! I am so dumbfounded that I don't even know what to say.

Comment

Only think I can possibly fathom is that it's like the "jump on the grenade" mentality? Except that instead of saving their buddies in the foxhole, their "saving" their country/religion/race? Oh - and of course there's the fact that the didn't blow themselves up... just a couple of kids.

<confused>

Comment

Every once in a while I try to put myself in the mindset of an insurgent. Would I put something on my body on on the body of a kid that explodes and tries to inflict as much damage as possible? What if America were overrun by Russia or something and we became Russian territory or something? Would I be willing to be an American insurgent?

But then that little thing inside every single human being on the planet from the time of caves and sticks to our age of the internet and space travel says...

'Are you ****ing stupid? Blow yourself up? Think about something else, dumbass.'

So then I go back to thinking about my favorite soda, Dr Pepper, and how as soon as I finish typing this I'm going to go get a cup of ice to put it in. But somewhere 'over there' another dude's abusive, foul-mouthed Center of Reason has just quit on the job, and he is strapping a bomb onto himself or someone else.

What a ****ty thing to think about. Dr Pepper time.

Comment

The tactics are brutal and wicked, but it takes some serious conviction to blow yourself up. But to blow up another person who's on your side? Especially an innocent child?! That's inhuman. Remember, though, Saddam used to use children as human mine-sweepers back in the day of the Iraq-Iran war. I'm sure it's the same mentality. To the terrorists, any one is disposable as long as they think it furthers their objective. Truly sad.
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
            To the terrorists, any one is disposable as long as they think it furthers their objective. Truly sad.
            Sadly, the longer you live, the more you realize that this is true of a staggeringly large number of people, and has been throughout history. Modern terrorism is just the most visceral and immediate expression of this trend.

That's not a commentary on any particular group, just an observation about the world.

I do wonder if this report is A) factually correct, and B) indicative of a new tactic or just an isolated incident. That's the kind of tactic that will quickly lose you your popular support (unless you kidnapped your enemies' kids and used them).
            In game handle: Steel Scion
            sigpic

Comment

I wonder what the majority of "them" actually think about this "strategy"?

People blow up abortion clinics in the name of Jesus, but how accurately does that represent Christianity?

Comment

That's utterly sickening...

()

Comment

Yeah, but what's the last time an abortion clinic was bombed? It was super rare and hasn't happened in atleast a decade if memory serves me correctly. Islamic suicide bombings, however, seem to be a daily occurence.

BTW, should this thread be moved to the Sandbox?
                  "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                    BTW, should this thread be moved to the Sandbox?
                    Yup! Done.
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

The parallels to Vietnam just get more apparent everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
                        The parallels to Vietnam just get more apparent everyday.
                        This is nothing like Vietnam, so stop trying to compare this to it.

Comment

What are the ideas around here on how to fight this tactic? Feel free to float any balloon that comes to mind.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
                          [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
                          Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

Originally posted by FatCobra View Post
                            This is nothing like Vietnam, so stop trying to compare this to it.
                            Of course they're completely unrelated:

Link
                            During the Vietnam War, American soldiers reported (and US military sources documented) a number of incidents where Vietnamese children were given hand grenades and/or explosives and used as weapons against American troops. In one variation, a young girl is instructed to throw a hand grenade (with or without pulling the pin to activate it first, depending on whether direct or psychological casualties are intended.) In another variation, children had explosives strapped to their bodies and were encouraged to mingle with American soldiers, with detonation either by a mechanical device or by remote control. The frequency of such incidents, and whether deadly force was necessary as often as it was actually used, is hotly debated; critics claim the military cited such incidents to justify use of deadly force against children.

Comment

This is mind boggling...

Just another example why you can't apply normal human logic to this whole situation. People on both sides of the debate at times will say stuff like "well think about how they feel" but no rational person can do that. So many of these people have grown up so intelectually isolated and brainwashed they cease to have independant rational thought.

I guess it boils down to...You can't make sense of people who have no sense.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X