Silverbrook - Memjet Printer Technology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverbrook - Memjet Printer Technology

I just saw this article about Silverbrook's new Memjet printer technology. It's pretty impressive. Rather than using a small print head that needs to move across the page, their print head covers the entire width of the page and allows for absolutely insane printing speeds with phenomenal picture quality and clarity.

Not only is this technology 1000% faster than existing inkjet printers, the cost of the printer is very affordable as well as the cost of replacement ink cartridges!

You can read more about the technology below as well as watch a video (highly recommended!) that shows the printing speed in a wide variety of formats.

Read more about Silverbrook's Memjet printer technology
    Silverbrook Research's web site
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Silverbook - Memjet Printer Technology

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
    I just saw this article about Silverbrook's new Memjet printer technology. It's pretty impressive. Rather than using a small print head that needs to move across the page, their print head covers the entire width of the page and allows for absolutely insane printing speeds with phenomenal picture quality and clarity.

Not only is this technology 1000% faster than existing inkjet printers, the cost of the printer is very affordable as well as the cost of replacement ink cartridges!

You can read more about the technology below as well as watch a video (highly recommended!) that shows the printing speed in a wide variety of formats.

Read more about Silverbrook's Memjet printer technology
    Silverbrook Research's web site
    This is amazing!

Just found this:

HP Edgeline. Similar idea. Silverbrook has many patents for their Memjet. Can't wait to see this hit the consumer market.

Great find!

DB
    Last edited by Dick Blonov; 03-22-2007, 12:52 PM.

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Re: Silverbrook - Memjet Printer Technology

Wasn't there a dot matrix that did this kind of thing wayyyyy back when?
      I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

The HP Edgeline series is quite similar. But it's also expected to be a *LOT* more expensive. Based on the projected prices for the Silverbrook gear, it will be affordable for the average household and only a few dollars more than current inkjet printers. IE: all of us can afford one, especially with the cost savings in ink compared to other "competing" models.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
          The HP Edgeline series is quite similar. But it's also expected to be a *LOT* more expensive. Based on the projected prices for the Silverbrook gear, it will be affordable for the average household and only a few dollars more than current inkjet printers. IE: all of us can afford one, especially with the cost savings in ink compared to other "competing" models.
          High Price :row__593:

Agreed. I doubt we'll see edgeline in smaller consumer printers.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X