Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debunking myths about the "third world"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUwS1uAdUcI

Interesting vid I found on another forum, shows that the economic and social conditions in third world countries aren't as bad as many people think.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Re: Debunking myths about the "third world"

I liked how Penn and Teller defended sweatshops in their latest Bullsh!t episode on Walmart. :D

Comment

Fantastic presentation. So well done. I wish more people would see this to break those pre-conceived notions that so many of us have.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Good presentation, and I agree with the message - public funding and promotion of statistics will definitely help us progress as a planet.

Comment

Fantastic presentation.

Comment

Awesome!
            They have all the interactive graphs available at
            http://www.gapminder.org/downloads/applications/

Comment

My fear is that this will all lead to a cataclysmic J-Curve and we all end up on the lower right side of the graph :(

Comment

I wish I had a teacher like that when I was in college. I probably would have been able to stay awake and actually learn something.

Comment

My wife is Thai and I've been to Thailand many times. A co-worker asked me if the streets in Bangkok were dirt. I loffed and loffed. I've been in malls so nice over there I've been embarrassed to be there. I will also eat a fine meal off a street vendor for 25 cents. Best of both worlds.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Having been to Central and South American several times, I can tell you with certainty that these so called 'third world' countries have all the amenities of any first world country, and often at 1/2-1/4 the price. While poverty does remain an issue for these countries, the middle class there has everything that a middle class person does here, and often with a superior lifestyle.

Of course, it could be argued that countries like this should not be considered 'third-world' any longer. Perhaps only extremely poor countries like those found in Africa, where there is very little infrastructure, should be considered 'third-world' today.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

WOW Great Graphics with his presentation very informative...

When in the Navy and pulling into a port that was commonly known as 3rd world we would have the saying "Where there is Poverty there is Liberty." Basically we got more bang for our buck but truly never lacked in hospitality or goods.

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X