Ufc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ufc

I just wanted to see if any of ya'll were UFC fans. If not, it's a Mixed Martial Arts organization kind of like boxing but with kicking and wrestling.

The reason I started the thread is because I just noticed that Chuck Lidell is going to be fighting a guy by the name of Quinton Jackson. Obviously, I'll be rooting for Chuck. Chuck Lidell is the only man to knock out Randy Couture, ever. He did it twice. Quinton Jackson has only fought in the UFC on one previous occasion. He has more fights than Chuck, but I doubt that's going to matter when it's just the two of them in the octagon.

Re: Ufc

UFC is trying to host an event in a city not far from where I live. While I don't follow it, I do find it absurd that the city is taking precautions (namely banning) to prevent the event from being held.

Link

Comment

Originally posted by secret.squirrul View Post
      I just wanted to see if any of ya'll were UFC fans. If not, it's a Mixed Martial Arts organization kind of like boxing but with kicking and wrestling.
      I keep up with it as best I can.

The reason I started the thread is because I just noticed that Chuck Lidell is going to be fighting a guy by the name of Quinton Jackson. Obviously, I'll be rooting for Chuck. Chuck Lidell is the only man to knock out Randy Couture, ever. He did it twice. Quinton Jackson has only fought in the UFC on one previous occasion. He has more fights than Chuck, but I doubt that's going to matter when it's just the two of them in the octagon.
      You do realize that Quinton and Chuck have fought before and Quinton beat him? It's the only loss he hasn't avenged. I'm betting on Chuck personally considering how much he's improved since then. I don't think the man is beatable at this point in his career.

Needless to say, I am waiting patiently for this fight. Until then, I'm content with watching Crocop in UFC 70. That man is just scary.

Comment

I love that stuff.

Jackson has proven to have unreliable fighting skills. I wouldn't bet on him to beat anyone. He has some impressive victories, but he has some incredibly weak performances.

I'd still like to see Liddell and Wanderlei Silva. Those two guys have the same wild punching style, and one of them would get floored.

And perhaps Randy Couture and Fedor Emilianenko. If you want to talk about crazy beasts, look no further than Fedor. The guy doesn't even break a sweat while dominating opponents.
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I didn't know that the two had fought before. I only get to see UFC when I rent it at Blockbuster months after it happened.

Comment

Now, Randy Couture retired last I heard. Is he completely retired or just retired until his next match?

Comment

I didn't know that the two had fought before. I only get to see UFC when I rent it at Blockbuster months after it happened.
              They show it on Spike TV all the time...A lot of the older fights and even some of the more recent fights...including the last Matt Hughes Vs Georges St Pierre... Matt is pretty tough but St Pierre handled him that match...

I like watching "The Iceman" with his striking abilities and great sprawls he is so tough to beat...Even dominates Tito Ortiz which is something to say...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

UFC has taken ownership of Pride. All the dream fights are coming.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=7115

A funny article about the owners.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/07/maga...biz2/index.htm

I personally think Pride is the Apex of the sport, and has a much better arsenal of fighters. I was getting tired of watching the reality show fighters that seemed to be the miner league of the UFC. I enjoy watching the show, but I feel like the shows fighters are babied and are not given matches on the top level of the sport; to preserver their celebrity. Excluding "The Comeback" of course.
                Hopefully the influx of big scary pride fighters is going to squelch that.

I like Randy Couture alot, but he needs to retire again before Cro Cop gets a hold of him.

Comment

RC is un-retired and contracted for 4 fights. His fight with Tim Silvia showed that he is still very skilled. I look forward to seeing Cro Cop punt his head through the uprights this summer. :D
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I don't follow too closely but have watched a few fights. My son is an avid fan and he said that Brock Lesnar is training for the UFC. Anyone know if he has a fight coming up? Do you think he will be a force in the ring?

He has incredible strength and stamina and was a dominant amateur wrestler, and what I've seen seems to favor the fighters that are good on the mat.

Comment

UFC bought Pride? Sweeeeet.

A while back I remember Randy Couture talking in a post-fight interview about getting the titles unified. I guess this is what he was talking about.

Comment

I love the UFC, it's the first proffesional sport in a long time that I've been interested in. I did like the Pride rules better, if just for the knees, but the UFC was more accessible and became very easy to find when they started their reality TV show. I'd make some predictions but I forget half their names; mostly I watch it and shout, "Hey, it's that guy and that guy is awesome" and stuff like that.

Comment

They never fought in UFC. After Chuck got beat by Randy, he went to Japan to compete. His next fight was Quinton and he lost.
                          Now, Randy Couture retired last I heard. Is he completely retired or just retired until his next match?
                          Randy retired once before he fought Tim Silvia and took his title. I doubt he's going to retire just yet. He said he'd fight until he couldn't give 100% anymore, and I doubt a man in his physical condition is going to get there any time soon.

I personally think Pride is the Apex of the sport, and has a much better arsenal of fighters.
                          I feel UFC fighters tend to be more well-rounded. But that's not really based on any evidence

I like Randy Couture alot, but he needs to retire again before Cro Cop gets a hold of him.
                          The thing is, if anyone can neutralize Crocop's striking, it would be Randy.

Comment

Does anyone watch The Ultimate Fighter on spike? It seems like this season is going to be the best one yet. The little guys are f****** nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Arf View Post
                              I love the UFC, it's the first proffesional sport in a long time that I've been interested in. I did like the Pride rules better, if just for the knees, but the UFC was more accessible and became very easy to find when they started their reality TV show.
                              I used to watch UFC whenever someone else would buy the show, or if I was at a sports bar that was showing it or something, but now I wouldn't even go out of my way to go somewhere to watch it for free. It's become too much like the WWF. Not in the fake matches manner, but in the soap opera, silly acting outside the octagon manner.
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X