Gotta catch 'em all.....well, maybe not, but I'm still hooked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta catch 'em all.....well, maybe not, but I'm still hooked

Almost 100% NOT SERIOUS thread (almost, b/c I AM serious about being not serious :icon19:).

Okay, this will read like a confessional, except I don't feel a single bit guilty about admitting this as a guilty pleasure:

I like pokemon games. Not the spin-off games, but the classic RPG ones: Red/Blue, etc. This happened BEFORE all the hype and crap came out for it, and frankly I think most of the merchandise in the franchise simply sucks, though it works great for sucking money out of the targeted market (which was the goal for those things in the first place).

ANYWAY, with my recent acquiring of a Nintendo DS, I also placed my preorder for the latest of these addicting games. Now, who else will be doing the same?

I've got to admit, I really can't take any game I play on my DS or any of my gameboys (I have the original, the color, and an Advance) seriously, but I will admit that many are VERY VERY addictive. Pokemon happens to be one of these...very fun, cheesy, corny, and for some reason it's always HARD to put down. If you identify with me on this, be a man and admit it.

So, yeah. I'm a man who enjoys the realism of PRM and the blood-pumping action in 2142.....but my pikachu can still kick you to the curb if I let it :madsmile: :madsmile: :icon19:

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Re: Gotta catch 'em all.....well, maybe not, but I'm still hooked

Oh... my... god

Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Aero, your avatar... it's so beautiful. It's so... so... impossible.

Edit: Whoop, no wait, I figured out how it works. Now it's ugly again.

Here is how you may call me:
      Ty (Tie), or Tychus. (Tie-cuss)'. Full pronounciation: Tie-can-dur-us
      -Tychandrus

Comment

Yeah, the original Pokemon game was really addictive. I worked at a giant insurance company's legal department right after high school. A very professional setting. Every coffee/smoke break and at lunch, I would play Pokemon. It was like crack (I've never tried crack, I'm just assuming). I haven't played one since the original, but I will probably buy this new DS one. It's supposedly going to be the best one yet. Time to battle 8 year olds all over again. Bring it!
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Heh heh, the other RPG ones after the original Red/Blue/Yellow were awesome as well, introducing new battle complexities. Silver/Gold/Crystal were for the GBC. Ruby/Saphire/Emerald were for the GBA.

I've preordered Diamond, and will get Pearl at my leisure.

Yeah, each new one has fully one-upped its predecessors in terms of graphics (not HUGE improvements, but noticeable and welcome improvements), but mostly in terms of gameplay in that battle strategy has been getting more and more complex. Which is sweet, b/c that means that while 8 yr olds can still play, the true mastery and creativity in the line-ups and training will come from older teens and adults who are able to THINK hard enough to take advantage of the complexity offered. Something for everyone, I guess :icon_bigg.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

Comment

I got A Gameboy Colour when I was younger just so I could play Pokemon Yellow, I was addicted to it until I accidentally deleted my saved game...
            |TG| Lorian
            Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

I love the Pokemon Gameboy games. The show is kind of dead to me.

Comment

You guys are nerds.

/runs off to play a text-based mmorpg from the AOL 2.5 era.

Comment

nethack ftw
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Pokémon for the win dude. Played blue, silver, gold and crystal :icon20:

Comment

Heh, way back when Pokemon first came out, my mom picked it up for me from the PX. It really was kiddie crack. It seems insane now that I look back on it, but, damn, I really had to freaking have all those little....things. It was the next thing after beanie babies and Tamagochi! :madsmile:
                      Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

Proud owner of Pokemon Red, Gold, Silver, and Sapphire. Beat them all too ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                          You guys are nerds.

/runs off to play a text-based mmorpg from the AOL 2.5 era.
                          bah! even though I got Diamond today, I still haven't bothered playing it....right now I'm pretty much hooked on FF8 (on my computer....yes, there's a PC version ;))....never bothered playing FF7 or 8 until I just recently got my hands on a way to play them on my PC.

now THAT is nerdy ;).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X