CHECK OUT THIS BS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recently.... TV shows.....

family guy, simpsons, stargate sg1, star trek (all) BoB, futurama, charmed, buffy... anything leagal and BIG... since I have there on VHS from TV, I consider a digital copy fair use for me as I will not be selling or distributing tem... just sucking up Comcasts bandwidth.......

Comment

Originally posted by DdogG
      I consider a digital copy fair use for me
      I'm pretty sure you'd have quite the difficult time convincing any judge that what you're doing is legal. However, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff, so take that observation with a grain of salt.

Wyzcrak
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by DdogG
        recently.... TV shows.....

family guy, simpsons, stargate sg1, star trek (all) BoB, futurama, charmed, buffy... anything leagal and BIG... since I have there on VHS from TV, I consider a digital copy fair use for me as I will not be selling or distributing tem... just sucking up Comcasts bandwidth.......
        Actually read the law.

"as long as you own a "legal" (VHS from TV included) copy then you can make a dup"

since you pay for cable then you can legally make a VHS. then you have a legal copy and you are more then welcome to make a Digital copy
        WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Comment

But he (and me, and you, and everyone else that does it) isn't making dups? He's taking another person's dup. Isn't that significant?

Of course I'm just playing devil's advocate here, not claiming to know the right answer. If we prove this to be legal, you won't see me upset.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

but if they come in his house and find them how can they proove he didn't "make" the dup?

Comment

When your not home share all your files on ODC and Que a Crap load of movies and such in 1 day just leaving my comp on not even trying i uploaded 2 gigs and downloaded i believe 5.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon
                but if they come in his house and find them how can they proove he didn't "make" the dup?
                Your theory removes the possibility that he'll be caught, not the possiblity that what he's doing is illegal. FWIW, there is a difference, right?

Wyzcrak

Comment

that is why you turn uploads off or set bandwidth to very small so it says it will take forever and they will cancel and you should get 0 uploads

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                    Your theory removes the possibility that he'll be caught, not the possiblity that what he's doing is illegal. FWIW, there is a difference, right?

Wyzcrak
                    By definition yes there is a diffrence. But like I said many many times there are loop holes in the rules and laws find them and you can't loss

Comment

But like I said many many times there are loop holes in the rules and laws find them and you can't loss
                      heh, true enough. Shheeeesh all you have to do is look at Prox's Bono post.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Copyright laws on TV shows is a gray area anyway.

Comment

bumpage for update.......

well, I transferred (upload and download combined) (***download was a whopping 954 gigs, upload was 59 gigs.***) a total of 1013 gigabytes in the month of october. 11 more would have made a nice round terabyte. I hope whoever is in charge of those letters chokes on his doughnut, spews his coffee, and wets his pants when he sees that number. Now to call them and tell them to turn my cable off in a week. F***ers.........

Comment

Holy sh*t ddog, thats quite a lot of transfering

Comment

Ok, someone please do the math. That's how many KB/sec full time 24/7?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

954 gigs over 31 days = 30 gigs a day
                                30 gigs over 24 hours = 1.2 gigs an hour
                                1.2 gigs over 60 minutes = 20 megs a minute (1.2 gigs x 1024 **convert to megs**)
                                20 megs over 60 seconds = 341kbps (20 megs x 1024 **convert to kilo**)

with a 3.0+ megaBIT (mbps) connection..... yes, it was 24/7 full time to get that download. my download ranged from 182kBps to 567kBps with an overall average of 344kBps.

the kBps is kiloBYTES per second as windows reads it..... kiloBITS per second is 2730kbps. just a hair below what comcast quotes.

to convert kilobits and kilobytes, you must multiply the number windows gives you (which is kiloBYTES) by 8 which will give you kiloBITS (which is how ISP's rate thier speeds.)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X