Split from VTECH Shooting - Debate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split from VTECH Shooting - Debate

I have a question. Be warned: I'm sure someone will get offended, but I still want to ask.

You see a dude wearing a vest and carrying two 9mm pistols walk into your classroom. You (I assume) see him shoot one person. Then another. Then another. And another. And another until he's killed maybe ten people. At this point, your brain would be smart enough to tell your legs to start moving your ass through either the door or the window. Your legs, not caring whether the window was high or low off the ground or if the door was open, closed, blocked, would do exactly as they are supposed to do and would hurl your body out of that room in the quickest and shortest way possible.

Now, here's the question:

You as a person have just watched several of your fellows get gunned down and you have only two choices that will either end or save your life: A) Get out of there in any way possible. B) Do anything else (nothing included).

I'm hearing that he lined people up against the wall and shot them. How? Didn't they run? If not, why not?

Re: Virginia Tech Massacre

squirrul you dont know what you would do, you only know what you think you would do which is very different.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by secret.squirrul View Post
      I have a question. Be warned: I'm sure someone will get offended, but I still want to ask.

You see a dude wearing a vest and carrying two 9mm pistols walk into your classroom. You (I assume) see him shoot one person. Then another. Then another. And another. And another until he's killed maybe ten people. At this point, your brain would be smart enough to tell your legs to start moving your ass through either the door or the window. Your legs, not caring whether the window was high or low off the ground or if the door was open, closed, blocked, would do exactly as they are supposed to do and would hurl your body out of that room in the quickest and shortest way possible.

Now, here's the question:

You as a person have just watched several of your fellows get gunned down and you have only two choices that will either end or save your life: A) Get out of there in any way possible. B) Do anything else (nothing included).

I'm hearing that he lined people up against the wall and shot them. How? Didn't they run? If not, why not?

I can only say one thing to people who pose such a question.. Until you have been under fire you cannot know the answer to that question. No one knows how they will react during such an event, you might think you know and be quite confident that you will do the right thing. I can assure you that until tested, no one can really, honestly answer that question. I can only hope that you or anyone you know are never tested by such things.

My post in CSS Forum didnt know this was here
      I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
      It makes small numbers formidable
      procures success to the weak
      and esteem to all.

Comment

Both Dr. Phil and Jack Thompson have already come out and blamed violent video games before even knowing anything about the shooter. That pisses me off. Seems to me they are exploiting this tragedy to promote their agenda.

Comment

i was talking to a co-worker today and said the same thing, i told him they are gonna blaim video games for it. And knowing those 2 im not surprised more havent jumped on that band wagon.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Campus security and the local police dept failed and failed horribly. I can't imagine this, and I don't want to. What a sick person.
            USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
              Campus security and the local police dept failed and failed horribly. I can't imagine this, and I don't want to. What a sick person.
              I wouldn't say that campus security or the police department failed in this horrible tragedy. Granted there were signs that lead up to this, but hindsight is always 20/20. Most of the students I've seen interviewed (in spite of how much the media is pushing these kids to put the blame on the institutions) agree that the police department, campus security and officials did the best they could. There was no knowing that the two shootings two hours prior would lead to that massacre. It's unfortunate, it's sad...but the only one to blame is that ugly mug posted above.
              | | |

Comment

What happened at VaTech is a real tragedy. But, it's also tragic that we'll all of a sudden willing to call his mug shot ugly. This is a horrible person. He did some horrible things. This has nothing to do with what he looks like. Once you start equating what people do what with they look like, you're a just a hop, step, and a skip away from the heart of racism. I'm sure I could find you another asian who looks just like this guy. Shall we say that he's also got an ugly mug? Shall we also presume that he's capable of doing such horrible things too?

Comment

Figure of speech of my man. Directed more toward the ugliness of his heart and also as point of reference to who we SHOULD blame. Nowhere did I equate his ugliness to his asian-ness. I would have made the same comment if he was a stunning white guy too...so please...be mindful of your own hops, skips and jumps.
                  | | |

Comment

I think that is one ugly mofo.

Calling him ugly has nothing to do with race. Rosie O'Donnel is ugly, that doesnt mean I'm calling Jessica Alba ugly too. Don't turn us into racists for something thats way off that map.

"For Some They Had Family Waiting For Them. For Others, The Only Family They Had Were The Men They Bled Beside. There Were No Bands, No Flags, No Honor Guards To Welcome Them Home. They Went To War Because Their Country Ordered Them To. But In The End They Didn't Fight For Their Country Or Their Flag, They Fought For Each Other."

- Joe Galloway
                    "We Were Soldiers Once,... And Young"

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post

There was no reason for the police to believe the person would go on to kill others in what looked like a crime of passion from the two victims. These things happen and rarely involve others. Shutting down the campus would have involved over 20,000 people, basically shutting down a small city for what looked like a crime of passion in 2 hours. Not going to happen. Even if it had he could have done the same in a restaurant, the parks outside or other location where the students could have gathered after school was dismissed. It is a tragedy but blaming the police or the school is not the answer.

The killer also seems to have had severe emotional and social issues including stalking students and not talking to roommates for an entire year according to the news I saw today. I have pity for him in spite of the terrible thing he did because I think it was a mental issue that caused this, not malice.

Also he looks crappy in the photo because the news always finds the worst picture possible to use for killers, but uses yearbook photos for victims. It is supposed to evoke your dislike.
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                        There was no reason for the police to believe the person would go on to kill others in what looked like a crime of passion from the two victims. These things happen and rarely involve others. Shutting down the campus would have involved over 20,000 people, basically shutting down a small city for what looked like a crime of passion in 2 hours. Not going to happen. Even if it had he could have done the same in a restaurant, the parks outside or other location where the students could have gathered after school was dismissed. It is a tragedy but blaming the police or the school is not the answer.

The killer also seems to have had severe emotional and social issues including stalking students and not talking to roommates for an entire year according to the news I saw today. I have pity for him in spite of the terrible thing he did because I think it was a mental issue that caused this, not malice.

Also he looks crappy in the photo because the news always finds the worst picture possible to use for killers, but uses yearbook photos for victims. It is supposed to evoke your dislike.
                        Better to be safe then sorry.

This is the sorry.
                        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom View Post
                          Better to be safe then sorry.

This is the sorry.
                          This was not the sorry, this was the completely unexpected. We're sorry in hindsight. Nobody could have known.
                          | | |

Comment

Nobody has yet metioned if there was proper gun control in the states this probley wouldnt have happened.

Comment

Gun control is irrelevant. The guy had the required state and federal background checks. He bought the gun legitimately and didnt express any outward signs of a malicious intent. It was a righteous sale on the part of the retailer.

This was the cold and unsympathetic act of a troubled individual looking to blame the world for his problems and take out punishment accordingly. Think of all of the people you know and wonder if any of them would be capable of such things. To be cliche about it, its always the ones you dont expect. Man is capable of great and terrible things. Each of us has the capacity to do exactly what he did, its just a matter of being able to control that impulse as rational human beings.

Gun control had nothing to do with his actions. Even if he hadnt been able to buy the gun legally, as he did, he would have found a way if his heart had been set on it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X