Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Thompson AND Dr. Phil blame Video Games on the VA Tech Shooting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Thompson AND Dr. Phil blame Video Games on the VA Tech Shooting.

So, the majority of us who don't live under a rock have heard about the VA Tech Shooting. So, Jack Thompson has been using this to further push his crusade agaisnt video games, blaming games for the shooting, to add to that, Dr. Phil has suggested that video games are the cause aswell. Jack Thompson has sent a letter to Microsoft, blaming Gates for the shooting. Why? Because of Counter Strike. What do they expect us to play, games with Unicorns and Rainbows? Lawl.

These retards need to get a damned clue, because we could take Jack Thompson's logic, and use it to say that air caused the shooting.

Link.
    Heres a Wikipedia that mentions Jack Thompson's previous attempts to bring down the Video Gaming Community.

Link.
    Heres a post at Kotaku about Jack Thompson trying to blame games for the shooting, before the shooter's indentity was revealed!

Link.
    The video of Jack Thompson on Fox, he calls himself an expert on school shootings.

Link.
    Here we have a link regarding Dr. Phil suggesting that video games caused the shooting.

Link.
    Heh, here we have Howard Stern bashing Dr. Phil for trying to blame video games.

Link.
    He sent a letter to Microsoft, blaming Bill Gates on the shooting, because of Counter Strike, and calling it a mass murder simulator.

Edit: Heh, just realized I mispelt Dr. Phil's name.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
    [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
    [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Re: Jack Thompson AND Dr. Phil blame Video Games on the VA Tech Shooting.

Well, it WAS only a matter of time before somebody was going to blame video games. I thought anti-depressants was going to be the whipping boy this time around tbh.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Well this is one issue I'm sure we can all agree on. Those who blame video games for real life violence are clueless. Why can't people just accept the fact that some people in our world are just straight jerks.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
        Well, it WAS only a matter of time before somebody was going to blame video games.
        Actually, I think it was about 8 hours. Seriously. He was on FOX that afternoon.
        In game handle: Steel Scion
        sigpic

Comment

The funny thing is that, one would think, if video games were to blame for the shooting, wouldnt other gamers in the classrooms have fought back against him? I mean seriously, "counter-terrorists win" sounds like it should have been the end theme if that were the case.

Comment

I think it's disgusting that Dr. Philth and the other monkeys are willing to stand on the VTech victims in order to get some exposure. They know blaming video games is ridiculous, they have video games all over the world without these events.

The same people that watch his show are the same people that go on his show. It makes me think that watching his show makes them that way, add a little popcorn psychology, throw in a little bulling, add a dash of ignorance and you have a certified mental case dumb ass walking around. I say we take his show off the air for contributing to mass stupidity.

Comment

Ive never understood how these people can blame video games/makers, and the parents of these kids get off scott free. I have played violent video games for years, and never once felt like killing anyone. Reasons why, my parents told me it was wrong, told me video games where fake, and KILLING PEOPLE IS BAD. Instead of blaiming these companies why not start to point hte finger at the parents, and start taking them to court for it.
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

It reminds me of the episode of South Park where the kids try smoking and they accidently burn down the school. They get out of trouble by blaming the cigarrete companies.

Comment

...and yet the worst school killing in US history occurred before the video game era.
                  A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Man... if videogames caused people to kill, there'd be a lot of death and dismemberment everywhere the Game Officers roamed, given how much crap we put up with.

If folks like me, Tempus, Strag, Vulcan, Apophis, et al. haven't gone on a mission to cleanse the earth of idiots yet, I can pretty much say for certain that videogames don't cause massive violence.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

So true Pokerface, so true. :D

Btw, seems someone fixed the name, thanks!

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
                      [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
                      [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

Did videogames cause the indians to kill students in 1764?
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_B...chool_massacre
                        Did videogames cause all the other school killings before videogames were invented? School violence is nothing new. It's also not confined to America. Why doesn't anyone ever blame the lil' bastards who do these things? It's always someone elses fault.

All I know is that the government better not pull any shenanigans like the German government. Those dorks outlawed video game violence all together. In the German version of CS:S, when you kill someone, they lay down with their hands by their head. It looks so lame.

Comment

Thompson claimed that students in previous shootings used games to, and yes, I am quoting his wording here, "train" for the shootings.

I think we all have a crisis on our hands.

The vast amount of players playing Natural Selection are actively training to bite your ankles off.
                          "All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies."

Comment

I spend a lot of my time training to die in space apparently...
                            Do or do not, there is no try....
                            -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Did the shooter have a game console? By the way, I refuse to use his name. I don't want to add to him the notoriety he wanted.

"Remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X