How to save the Earth....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to save the Earth....

My apologies in advance, but she brought this on herself.

...according to Sheryl Crow:

I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required.
    New to TG?

Re: How to save the Earth....

Exploitation, not conservation.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

If we use up all the toilet paper, what will the bears use?
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

is this a joke?

"I also like the idea of not using paper napkins, which happen to be made from virgin wood and represent the height of wastefulness. I have designed a clothing line that has what's called a "dining sleeve." The sleeve is detachable and can be replaced with another "dining sleeve," after usage. The design will offer the "diner" the convenience of wiping his mouth on his sleeve rather than throwing out yet another barely used paper product."

if only someone would invent cloth napkins, or a cloth napkin for personal use. You could maybe even fold it nicely and carry it in your suit pocket, just ideas.

Comment

If you add just the right amount of fiber to your diet, your excrement will come out perfectly encapsulated at the right consistency and you won't have to wipe at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
            If you add just the right amount of fiber to your diet, your excrement will come out perfectly encapsulated at the right consistency and you won't have to wipe at all.

BRILLIANT!
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

People like her give environmentalists a bad name. I wonder what her mansion's utility bill is, though. Does she buy mystical carbon credits too?
              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
                but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required.
                That picture about sums it up. I'm thinking that perhaps she has women in mind when she said this, though? I'm not sure. If not, I sure hope she uses a bidet regularly, otherwise that's just nasty.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

While that woman is most likely not brilliant, I also know that she isnt an idiot, and has enough money to post her opinions on her own website. The person who did write that is clever, and were on to something but just couldnt see it. The disposable toilet cloth sleeve.

-----------------------------------------
                  WMDs: Iraq 0
                  Albuquerque, NM 2500
                  -----------------------------------------

Comment

Use your hand. Eat with your right and wipe with your left. Not at the same time ;)

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

This confirms my suspicion that ladies crap out perfect plastic wrapped pouches of springtime potpouri. One square is definitely sufficient for that.
                      Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike View Post
                        Use your hand. Eat with your right and wipe with your left. Not at the same time ;)
                        Just like in India (no, I'm not kidding).

Why in the WORLD do celebrities think that they make good spokes-people for causes? I mean, they're CELEBRITIES, people who are rich because of popularity generally, or they're good actors or musicians, NOT respected scientists.

I'd be more apt to listen to a noted scientist whose name is unknown but is respected within the environmental science community (not the same as environmentalist community) for his work. Even if I don't know his name, if I know his credentials and that he's speaking on a subject that he's an expert in, then that's enough for me.

I saw that whole Sheryl Crow thing a few days ago when I was subbing at the middle school and they spotlighted her during the morning Channel One broadcast. I was subbing 8th grade, btw (yeah, this plays into what I'm about to say), and the SONG they sound-bit for her environmentalist concert was a song that was last on main radio (not "last decade's overplayed pop songs" stations) when I was in 7th grade....and that was.....oh, about '96-'97...around 10 years ago. Old tree-hugging news, played by a pop star who washed out a little under a decade ago....fits juuuuuust right.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

rosie Weighs in.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/23/rosie-...ou-seen-my-ass

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
                            This confirms my suspicion that ladies crap out perfect plastic wrapped pouches of springtime potpouri. One square is definitely sufficient for that.
                            You crack me up, Beatnik. Good stuff as always.
                            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Shot View Post
                              Thanks for the visual. I have been blighted.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X