Political Orientation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Orientation

Cing brings up an interesting topic in the prohibition thread.

Where do the sandbox regulars lie on the political compass? This has nothing to do with political parties and any affiliation you may or may not feel.

You may run through a short questionaire @ the Political Compass website.

Here
    is mine.
    Do or do not, there is no try....
    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Re: Political Orientation

http://politicalcompass.org/printabl...6.75&soc=-1.54

Far left of what I expected. I tend to consider myself more of a moderate, maybe leaning a bit towards the left.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I'm to much of a noob to post links but mine is sitting at
      Economic Left/Right: 1.13
      Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.49
      So about middle, which is not really a suprise for me.
      Word

Comment

Here's mine
        | | |

Comment

Mine: http://politicalcompass.org/printabl...1.38&soc=-1.49

Tau, doesn't everyone consider themselves as a reasonable middling position? Nobody wants to think of themselves as an extremist. hehe.

Comment

http://politicalcompass.org/printabl...3.63&soc=-2.82

About where i expected it.

Comment

Meh. Too many questions. I got bored after the first page. I know where I stand, though. I'm hardcore conservative, but not a Republican. I'm an open-minded conservative, though. I feel strongly about my views, but I'm always open to hear opposing opinions. Thus, I'm a better liberal than most libs I know. Hmm. I'm confusing myself. I'll take the test later.
              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

The test results and supporting explaination of their method will help clear that confusion...
                -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                  Tau, doesn't everyone consider themselves as a reasonable middling position? Nobody wants to think of themselves as an extremist. hehe.
                  Centrists are suckers!

I don't know how I got so far right though. I disagreed with every single socially conservative question asked. Maybe it's anarchism and not libertarianism at the absolute bottom center; that would put libertarianism more to the right. That would make more sense.

EDIT: I think that Cing's test, albeit much shorter, actually produces a more accurate answer. Many of the question in tau's test reference personality traits and personal preferences which are not necessarily tied to politics. One can, for instance, "Strongly Agree" that people should not mix with people of other races whilst holding a politically neutral position. That's just one example. Cing's test asks questions directly related to policy and which I would therefore expect to be more accurate.

Of course, Cing's test is made by libertarians, so feel free to suspect bias. :]

My score on Cing's:

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 100%.
                  Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 90%.
                  Last edited by Nikolas; 04-21-2007, 07:25 PM.
                  A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                    Meh. Too many questions. I got bored after the first page. I know where I stand, though. I'm hardcore conservative, but not a Republican. I'm an open-minded conservative, though. I feel strongly about my views, but I'm always open to hear opposing opinions. Thus, I'm a better liberal than most libs I know. Hmm. I'm confusing myself. I'll take the test later.
                    Take the test in my sig. MUCH shorter, but less accurate, obviously.
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Left and right are, for the most part, economic alignments. Authoritarian and Libetarian are social alignments.
                      -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

I see. I think that they [tau's test] made an error by labelling the center-bottom "libertarian" then. Probably "anarchism" would have been more accurate? Anarchism is the precise opposite of authoritarianism, after all.
                        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by gunjunkie View Post
                          Left and right are, for the most part, economic alignments. Authoritarian and Libetarian are social alignments.
                          Interesting. I guess I never thought of it that way. It's funny because people that are both right or left can be of either social alignment. Things aren't as clear cut as right or left, yet so many of use think of things in that very context.
                          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx
                            I see. I think that they [tau's test] made an error by labelling the center-bottom "libertarian" then. Probably "anarchism" would have been more accurate? Anarchism is the precise opposite of authoritarianism, after all.
                            They do.
                            -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                              I see. I think that they made an error by labelling the center-bottom "libertarian" then. Probably "anarchism" would have been more accurate? Anarchism is the precise opposite of authoritarianism, after all.
                              No, it's two axes. The further towards the top, the more authoritarian, the further left, well, the further left you are! ;-)

Your position to the left or right doesn't affect your libertarian/authoritarian rating, and vice versa.
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X