If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Yes, ever since the inception of carbon trading I've always felt that the only ones that would benefit are the lawyers who will find and exploit the loopholes. Some of them may even feel good about it since they are now part of the "green" economy. It's hard to see any direct environmental benefit from this.
Last edited by Brewski; 04-26-2007, 10:47 AM.
Can anybody name any program that is devoid of fraud?
I don't think the issue is if there is fraud but if the program actually accomplishes what it sets out to do.
I would say that if it lowered carbon emissions by 50% but 75% of the transactions where fraudulent then it would be a good program.
Of course I don't think it has done either of those so I don't know if it is an effective program.
Anybody else know? Has it done anything to curb carbon emissions? Is it's effectiveness in the article?
Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
- "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
- "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
- "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
- If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
- "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
- "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife