X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jack^
    started a topic gas prices ?

gas prices ?

Well, after a trip home and having to fill up the tank, i now see how hard that price hits.
    2.54 or somethign a gallon.. over thirty dollars.. How much is it where you live?
    Chicagoland 2.20ish -2.60ish

• Fait_Maker
    replied
    Re: gas prices ?

Originally posted by DudeMan
    enlightened.... no religiously opressed in my opinion... no freedom to explore no freedom to invent. if the worl was buddhist i would not be talking to you now...

no disrespect to them but i dont see it as enlightenment that they have to follow such strict rules or be punished on biblical terms. it is why i am not religious at all, all god is.. is a authority figure for the masses.. a invention of man to keep themselfs on the straigfht and narrow because somone is watchin....
    Wow. I'm atheist and I could be Buddhist. Being Buddhist says nothing about whether or not you believe in a supernatural being. You can be Atheist or a Theist and still be a Buddhist. They don't have a bible nor do Buddhists <as a group> believe in rules and punishment. They seek perfect enlightenment. Buddhist and Taoists are probably the least religiously oppressed groups of the bunch.

Leave a comment:

• DudeMan
    replied

Originally posted by LegionPaulL
    Hey man, watch it. Buddist are very enlightened people because unlike Christians, they believe in peace. Foolish man.

enlightened.... no religiously opressed in my opinion... no freedom to explore no freedom to invent. if the worl was buddhist i would not be talking to you now...

no disrespect to them but i dont see it as enlightenment that they have to follow such strict rules or be punished on biblical terms. it is why i am not religious at all, all god is.. is a authority figure for the masses.. a invention of man to keep themselfs on the straigfht and narrow because somone is watchin....

"Religion Is the Opium of the Masses" Karl Marx....

but i am always careful that i do not disrespect others and their religion paul. this is my beliefe and i have voiced it, i dont expect you to believe it or take it on board infact if you are buddhist then you will hate what i have said, and if you are christian, as Brooklyn has shown me you will want to teach me about the bible.

Even though i did Religious Education and Got an A+

Leave a comment:

• jex
    replied

I thought bhuddists believed in karma rather than peace?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by LegionPaulL
    Hey man, watch it. Buddist are very enlightened people because unlike Christians, they believe in peace. Foolish man.

Try not to insult too many of us at once time there sparky. I'm christian and I believe in peace - doesnt that just shoot your ****ty generalization right down?

Leave a comment:

• GhostintheShell
    replied

If they believe in peace why should I "watch it"?

Leave a comment:

• LegionPaulL
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GhostintheShell
    replied

Buddist?

"I don't know how a 400 pound man can teach anyone about discipline and self control." -Jack Nicholson

More like a hobbit. Yes, I could easily live like a hobbit and be totally happy.

Leave a comment:

• GhostintheShell
    replied

Yes, thats called the law of diminishing returns. It is also called the law of decreasing returns and the law of variable proportions.

It's costing more and more to find less and less oil.

Leave a comment:

• jex
    replied

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
    I could do without most if not all of the things on that list. Thats part of the problem, why do we need so much crap? Why are we such big consumer's of all the junk that companies produce? (Me included.) Sure, we still need to produce things from oil, but if we don't heat our homes and power our cars with oil, then the remaining oil will last a lot longer. And who cares if the cost of producing consumer goods made from oil goes up significantly in the next 20 years. Then hopefully people will buy less crap.

Energy is everywhere, its free and its not owned or controlled by anyone, we just have to pay a bit for the equipment to harness and store it.
    Ooh you Bhuddist you :)

When it comes down to it you don't need anything at all as it goes. And the stuff you do own, well if you look at the molecular level of it, 90% is nothing. Your car is 90% nothing, your book, cooker, tv, etc - so we don't really own that much anyway lol.

Leave a comment:

• DudeMan
    replied

Originally posted by jex
    Well we can't harness it efficiently at present, but that's not the point I'm making. It's the energy used in extracting the oil. If that is more than the energy produced from the oil then we're producing negative energy. At the moment I don't think there's a problem but I've read that finding fuel and extracting it from the earth is becoming harder. An analogy here is if you eat celery, you use up more calories eating it than you get from it.

celerey.... you have been reduced to celery
    :icon_bigg

Leave a comment:

• jex
    replied

Well we can't harness it efficiently at present, but that's not the point I'm making. It's the energy used in extracting the oil. If that is more than the energy produced from the oil then we're producing negative energy. At the moment I don't think there's a problem but I've read that finding fuel and extracting it from the earth is becoming harder. An analogy here is if you eat celery, you use up more calories eating it than you get from it.

Leave a comment:

• GhostintheShell
    replied

I could do without most if not all of the things on that list. Thats part of the problem, why do we need so much crap? Why are we such big consumer's of all the junk that companies produce? (Me included.) Sure, we still need to produce things from oil, but if we don't heat our homes and power our cars with oil, then the remaining oil will last a lot longer. And who cares if the cost of producing consumer goods made from oil goes up significantly in the next 20 years. Then hopefully people will buy less crap.

Energy is everywhere, its free and its not owned or controlled by anyone, we just have to pay a bit for the equipment to harness and store it.

Leave a comment:

• DudeMan
    replied

jex most comnbusted fuels loose energy, and even peterol looses it because it looses heat energy,

tghe point is how to harness that energy effectivly..

so it isnt going backwards at all.

Leave a comment:

• jex
    replied

If you're using more energy to make energy then you're going backwards. If a gallon of fuel provides say, 10 kilo-joules of energy but it takes 15 Kj's to get it out the ground then you're going nowhere fast.

Even if an alternative to energy is found, what are you going to make the rubber or plastic from? or

Make-up
    Vaseline
    Helmets (bike,cycle, construction)
    Pens
    Shoes
    Tyres
    Tarmac
    Coffee machines
    Computer case
    torches
    CD's
    Tapes
    Phones
    bins
    bottles

We are surrounded by oil-based products. Even if we stopped using it as fuel we're still going to be using it to make everything.

http://www.energyquest.ca.gov/story/chapter08.html - scroll down to the pic for what comes out of a barrel of oil.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X