Commentary: Looking out for fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commentary: Looking out for fire

I found the following audio fascinating as I drove to my office this morning.... my office with that same electronic buzz that Ms. Thielen refers to... man what I wouldn't give for two hours in her tower.

Commentator Karla Thielen explains her utopian world can almost drive her mad during the three months she lives in solitude atop a tower in Idaho's wilderness, looking out for the first signs of wildfires.
    http://www.npr.org/rundowns/segment.php?wfId=1917660

Originally posted by Karla Thielen
    We lookouts crave the romance of mountaintop solitude. But... solitude walks a fine line between bliss and madness. It beguiles you like a siren, then it almost kills you.
    Originally posted by Karla Thielen
    But, given the option, I would choose IT over the madness of traffic, telemarketers, and more bad news about the state of the world. Isolation is the price I pay for mountain air, pure water, and quality time away from the electronic buzz of life below.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X