Student Who Creates FPS Map From High School Plans Gets Arrested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Who Creates FPS Map From High School Plans Gets Arrested

Only in Texas? Or is that only in America.

http://www.1pstart.com/student-arres...rist-activity/

Remember guys, don't use familiar surroundings when making maps for your violent killing simulations.

It'll get you expelled from school. Or worse, thrown in the slam.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Student Who Creates FPS Map From High School Plans Gets Arrested

That reminds me of my HS days, when Doom was the game. Some friends and I tried to map out our HS as a multiplayer level, but the limitations of the Doom engine and our own inability to create good textures pretty much kiboshed any progress in that direction.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
    [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
    Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

I made a map of my university in sof2. I never even considered getting in trouble for it.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if the fact that he's Chinese had anything to do with it.

Panicky stupid people suck.
        In game handle: Steel Scion
        sigpic

Comment

Sheesh. When I used to create DOOM/DOOM2 and Quake/Quake2/Quake3 levels, I often used real places for insipiration, including my university. I guess it's a wonder that I didn't go on a rampage with my plasma rifle and shoot up some of the lecture halls.

If Dennis Fong was playing ten years ago in a culture like we have now, I wonder if he'd have been institutionalized.

Comment

Hmm... at one time I planned on making a map for BF2 which replicated my work campus. I guess I should remove the building plans and photos I have collected on my work and home computers before I get busted. ;)
            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

It's a lovely state of affairs in this country when committing no crime will get you arrested.
              Beatnik

Comment

Phew, glad I don't make maps. I don't want the police to take my hammer.

Unless he made the map while at school, I don't think the school can expell. Assuming it's a public school and no threats were made.
                |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

It's OK, he won't need a high-school diploma after the district settles the lawsuit.

Comment

So they took his hammer...

Wait...isn't HAMMER™ a halflife mapping program? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
                      It's a lovely state of affairs in this country when committing no crime will get you arrested.
                      I'm sure if we look hard enough, he'll be guilty of something. Maybe he's a witch or a communist?
                      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
                        It's OK, he won't need a high-school diploma after the district settles the lawsuit.
                        QFT
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

That's just down the road from me, I better turn down the volume on my comp. Or they may issue a no-knock warrant and shoot my a**.

Comment

Unfortunately, I was really intending to make a PR map of my school. I guess I can't do that anymore, since freedom of speech is invalidated.
                            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Wow. I used to do this with doom and quake back in my school days. I had a bunch of maps of my school, my neighborhood, all kinds of real places. They woulda locked me up and thrown away the key I bet.
                              From the restriction of basic freedoms comes the spread of paranoia.
                              Take away free expression and you're going to get a bunch of people that are paranoid about this kind of thing. Oh, wait, too late for that.

Hell, if you take it back 20 years, I bet the guy who wrote the script for Red Dawn would have been accused of aiding terrorism had it happened these days.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X