French military

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French military

Couldn't help but feel slightly worried when I heard the French military will be guarding the likes of Bush, Blair and other world leaders for the weekends D Day Memorials. Doesn't exactly make you feel easy does it!

Now for a joke :-

An American vet. decides to go to France on holiday, when he arrives he is asked for his passport and replies 'I don't have one.' The french border controller says 'but you need a passport to get in zee country!' The American looks stunned so replies: 'I didn't need a passport on my last visit in 1944, I landed on the beaches of Normandy and there wasn't a Frenchman in sight!'

:D :D :D

Re: French military

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
    That was too good

Comment

I Thought The Title Of The Thread Was The Joke.

Comment

Originally posted by LOWDRAG
        I Thought The Title Of The Thread Was The Joke.
        haha :icon_cool
        From Adam Webb

Comment

My first thought was... they have one? lol

Great Joke!!

Comment

I can see it already. "Americas President Bush and Englands President Blaire, where assasinated by AlQuida snipers. The French Army was nowhere to be seen." lol
            If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
            -Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by LegionPaulL
              I can see it already. "Americas President Bush and Englands President Blaire, where assasinated by AlQuida snipers. The French Army was nowhere to be seen." lol
              That would be Englands "Prime Minister".

kids..... You don't get out much do you?
              I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

hahahahaha

~KriSpY

Comment

It's a popular misconception that the french defeated the english at Hastings in 1066. It was in fact the Normans (roughly translated - Norse Man) that won the day. Back in those days the french lived in Brettonia and were pressed into service by the Norse. King Harold , the english king was actually related to William the Conqueror (cousin I think) and when William invaded he could not break Harolds line.
                  The battle waged on with William trying to find a weak point but the English held strong. That was until a curious thing happened.
                  For some reason word got out that William had been killed. The normans held there ground but there was one unit of soldiers, employed by the normans that turned around and fled the scene of the battle - can you guess who...

Yes - it was the french (brettonians). Of course William wasn't dead but this did actually win him the battle. Seeing the french turn tail and run caused one of Harolds commanders to take his men and charge after them. This was the opening William needed. He sent his cavalry into the unit that broke off and they made short work of them.

This sudden loss made Harolds army massively understrength, it was inevitable that the battle would be lost for Harold now.

Those pesky french! :)
                  Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                    For some reason word got out that William had been killed. The normans held there ground but there was one unit of soldiers, employed by the normans that turned around and fled the scene of the battle - can you guess who...

Yes - it was the french (brettonians)
                    The French probably claimed it was a tactical retreat :icon12:

Comment

because they love there tactical retreats.......
                      From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
                        The French probably claimed it was a tactical retreat :icon12:
                        Na.... they pretty much ran like cowards. They ran so hard in fact that their footprints are still embedded in the soil at Hastings ;)
                        Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X