Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News concerning Barak Obama

I just got this breaking news alert from CNN:

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has been placed under the protection of the U.S. Secret Service, reportedly because of a threat against him, the Secret Service said Thursday.
    No article posted as of yet, anyone got anything on this?
    | | |

Re: Breaking News concerning Barak Obama

I suspect Jack Bauer might be involved.
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Interesting...per 18 USC 3056 candidates are only eligible for USSS protection within 120 days of the general election if approved by a special committee. Usually the only other exceptions are overseas. Normally if there was a heightened threat environment U.S. Capitol Police would provide a detail for Senators and Reps (certain leadership positions automatically get protection).
      LoyalGuard

Comment

This is apparently the earliest protection ever given, and it was authorized by Chertoff (now the defacto head of the SS). Supposedly this is not because of any specific threat. Hillary has it automatically because she is a former first lady.

Since I am a Obama supporter, I like to think of this as one more sign that he's a serious contender.

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
          Interesting...per 18 USC 3056 candidates are only eligible for USSS protection within 120 days of the general election if approved by a special committee. Usually the only other exceptions are overseas. Normally if there was a heightened threat environment U.S. Capitol Police would provide a detail for Senators and Reps (certain leadership positions automatically get protection).
          I like this...the guy who doesnt even live in the US, knows more about this than me...+rep for you;)
          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

There are possibly two reasons , A ) the most obvious being he's an Black politican , which unfortunately to some people is like waving a red cape in front of a bull . ( People really need to get over this , enough already. ) B ) A less obivous reason is ,as a convert from Islam to Christianity , which under Sharia law makes you automatically a target . This also makes the person responsible for his conversion a target as well .

The best way to find out the nature of the threat would be to find out if the preacher who convert him was also be guarded by the Secret Service ?
            I want all those who get to know me
            To become admirers or my enemies

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
              the guy who doesnt even live in the US
              Neither do you.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                Neither do you.
                He is serving on a US military base.
                "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

SS has been giving additional protection to canidates since RFK was shot. Per US Weekly the SS plans to spend about 106 million dollars in protection this election.
                  "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Bc2ID View Post
                    SS has been giving additional protection to canidates since RFK was shot. Per US Weekly the SS plans to spend about 106 million dollars in protection this election.
                    Right, but as has been pointed out, never this early in the campaign.

Comment

Maybe he's being given protection because he's a senator?

Comment

They're saying he's recieved "non-specific" threats.
                        | | |

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
                          Maybe he's being given protection because he's a senator?
                          Senators and congressmen receive protection from the U.S. Capitol Police when appropriate (if they are in certain leadership positions, heightened threat, etc.), So, since he is being protected by the USSS it is election related.
                          LoyalGuard

Comment

While I'm no obama supporter, I'm glad to see that we're taking any threats to the presidential contenders seriously. It's also a very proud sign of the professionalism of the USSS, which I think reflects well on us as well.

Personally, I dislike Mrs. Clinton so much that I'd want Mr. Obama in office ANY day than her. But even with that, the chance of me voting for Mr. Obama is as likely as a snowball's chance in hell.....though that depends on who the Republican candidate turns out to be (I don't like many of the current Rep candidate contenders).

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

I live in Illinois, so I'm all for Obama going for president, I've heard a lot of good things about him, I've heard a lot of bad things about him. Myself, I could really care less anyways.

Someone seriously approached me and said, "The fact that women and minorities are attempting to run for the presidency is an outrage and they should be shot and hung as a symbol." So I looked them right in the eye and called the person a complete retard and that he should return to whatever hole that he crawled out of and continue to eat his Confederate military rations and rot in his own stupidity.

Some people just need to figure out that anybody can theoretically run for president, I'm just surprised we have as many rich people willing to do so as we do : ).
                              He's got me dead to rights, doc. Would you like to shoot me now or wait till you get home?"

"Shoot him now! Shoot him now!"

"You keep OUT of this, he doesn't have to shoot you now."

"He does so have to shoot me now! I demand that you shoot me now!"

BANG!

"Let's....try that again."

"OK"

"Would you like to shoot me now or wait till you get home?"

"Shoot him now. Shoot him now."

"You keep out of this, he doesn't have to shoot you now."

"A-HA, pronoun trouble. It's not: 'He doesn't have to shoot YOU now, it's he doesn't have to shoot ME now....Well, I say he DOES have to shoot me now! So shoot me now!"

BANG!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X