Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's everywhere you want to be. Even Thunderhorn.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's everywhere you want to be. Even Thunderhorn.

Make predicted it, and it came true.

So, WOWers out there... gonna get this?
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Re: It's everywhere you want to be. Even Thunderhorn.

You need to spend $1500 to get even one month's worth of game time. I think there are better rewards programs out there for travel. But, I guess if you need a new card and want to show the world you're a WoW fan then why not.
    New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
      You need to spend $1500 to get even one month's worth of game time. I think there are better rewards programs out there for travel. But, I guess if you need a new card and want to show the world you're a WoW fan then why not.
      If I played I could easily play for free forever then. $1500 month is not that much if you do all your spending on that credit card. Add up food, doctor, dentist, movies, eating out a couple of bills and gas and I have at least $1500 per month.

So if I still played I might get it depending on things like interest rates and fees.

And if I got my wife to use it? I could afford two or three accounts!
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Credit cards are evil and are (combined with individual irresponsibility) the reason why our society is so debt ridden.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

My family puts everything on the credit card, paying it all off promptly. We build credit rating and get coolio points and stuff (it bought the trampoline in my back yard). $1000 a month is WELL within reach.

Hell, if I got one of these, I could AFFORD to play WOW. :P
          [volun2]
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            Credit cards are evil and are (combined with individual irresponsibility) the reason why our society is so debt ridden.
            I'll give you the parenthetical, but not the blanket that credit cards are somehow evil.

Stupidity coupled with anything makes for bad juju.
            [volun2]

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
              I'll give you the parenthetical, but not the blanket that credit cards are somehow evil.
              You've obviously never seen the darker side of credit. Do you know that your credit card's rates could go up at any time and for no particular reason, even if you make perfect payments every 20 days? Do you know that they can charge you whatever fees they want to? Read the fine print in your loan application.

They're evil.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I believe any time a credit card raises your rates you have the option to cancel the account and refuse the rate increase, as long as it wasn't due to missing payments on that account. I've had 2 different cards randomly raise my rates, and they each came with a notice that if you want to refuse this new rate you can contact us and close the account, and continue making your remaining payments at the current rate.

It didn't wind up mattering though, because I decided to refinance the whole debt with another company at a new lower rate anyway. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                  You've obviously never seen the darker side of credit. Do you know that your credit card's rates could go up at any time and for no particular reason, even if you make perfect payments every 20 days? Do you know that they can charge you whatever fees they want to? Read the fine print in your loan application.

They're evil.
                  Kero is right though:
                  Originally posted by Citibank's Terms and Conditions
                  Rates, fees, and terms may change: We have the right to change the rates, fees, and terms at any time, for any reason in accordance with the cardmember agreement and applicable law. These reasons may be based on information in the business' or your credit report, such as failure to make payments to another creditor when due, amounts owed to other creditors, the number of credit accounts outstanding, or the number of credit inquiries. These reasons may also include competitive or market-related factors. If we make a change for any of these reasons, you will receive advance notice and a right to opt out in accordance with applicable law.
                  [volun2]

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
                    I would have said so too, but then they started giving out WoW subscriptions.

Comment

What will really be evil is when they start offering rewards not just in the form of game time, but items, gold, and experience.

In game handle: Steel Scion
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't say I would ever get this. I find it hysterical that they've aligned with the credit card companies now. Did you see the rewards? Geeze. If you live and breathe World of Warcraft, I guess every little bit helps.

Comment

Meh...the card is some bank's attempt to ride the coat tails of WoW.

The "payback" is sorta anemic, but I'm sure it will capture some folks.

Now...if they offered rebates in the form in-game gold...THAT would be something!!:row__523: (That would violate so many Blizzard Entertainment rules it would be mind-boggling given their opposition to real money for gold transactions!)
                          Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

While we are on the subject of credit cards, I'm curious. Any TGrs into AORs?

Comment

While we're on the subject of credit cards, I'm curious: are any Tactical Gamers into Tactical Con Artistry?
                              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X