Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Ronald Reagan - Dead

Lost a good man today
    Last edited by CingularDuality; 06-05-2004, 10:18 PM.

Re: President Ronald Regan - Dead

:(
    A sad day indeed...

Comment

"Where we're going, we won't need any roads."
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

ok, everyone is mourning the loss of the man who singlehandedly tripled the national debt, sold weapons to terrorists, then lied about it..... and the whole alzhiemers thing there is bogus, he was fine then..... and almost put us into a nuclear war on three confirmed occasions. (granted one of those times was just from getting shot, not really his fault). I am not sure that he was a great president.... Most of my knowledge of the man is from reports and information that surfaced since the 90's..... but I do think he was just the least bad choice we had at the time...... he was a good guy, but lincoln and fdr he wasn't.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

haha

Come one, come all. Pass the "=DdogG= Post-Mortum Worthiness" test. Free plush monkey if you win.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Wow DdogG

The man is not buried yet and already you are attacking him.....

Comment

R.I.P

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Re: President Ronald Reagan - Dead

You've got to respect the man that ended the Cold War without firing a shot. He will truly be one of the unforgettable presidents.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I once played this guy and told about what he did in class. Good man, did much. He had a ranch too, where i heard he died beside his family. Him and his wife stood together through almost everything.

Comment

I'm not saying the man was evil, just not the hero that the media has made him out to be. yes he did some pretty good things..... but that was his job after all...... he did some really crappy things too...... just like every other president. Do I mourn his loss? no. 2 reasons: 1) he was 93 and had no quality of life anymore. 2) he was in the worst stages of a horrible disease. I am happy for him and his family that he is at peace, and I feel sorry that the once leader of the free world was reduced to such indignities before he died. I am thankful that his suffering has passed.

But he, along with most current day presidents had as many if not more controversies than triumphs. I do not deny his achievements, but a saint he was not.

sorry if I am harsh, but I do not feel that dying gives a person a get out of jail free card. I refuse to look over the wrong just because the man is now dead. he is no better now than he was 3 weeks, 3 years, or a decade ago.

by all means r.i.p.... fighting alzhiemers alone is enough to deserve that, but do not grant sainthood just because he passed on.
                    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
                      But he, along with most current day presidents had as many if not more controversies than triumphs. I do not deny his achievements, but a saint he was not.

sorry if I am harsh, but I do not feel that dying gives a person a get out of jail free card. I refuse to look over the wrong just because the man is now dead. he is no better now than he was 3 weeks, 3 years, or a decade ago.
                      Nobody is a saint, but Reagan was definetly a leader and isn't that what we are talking about?

Take the moment and look up the crap that Carter left him with concerning Iran. He dealt with it. Then look at the crap he dealt with concerning the Russians. Heck, Reagan was more responsible than anyone for the Berlin wall being knocked down in 1999 and Gorbachev was named Man of the Year. He was instrumental with freeing Poland.

As Alan Greenspan said in a speech about Reagan:

If he was ever discouraged, I suspect it was because not even Ronald Reagan could fully rein in excess government spending and significantly pare the size of the bureaucracy. To be sure, no American President, with constitutionally limited powers, has been able to mold a nation as complex as the United States to his set of values. But Ronald Reagan surely stands in the first rank of American Presidents measured by the breadth of their legacy for good.

In his eight years in office, President Reagan transformed the country's self-image. Instead of believing they were a once great power, Americans regained their self-confidence, sensing that it was indeed "morning in America." Although we have not yet wholly leveled the playing field, Ronald Reagan believed that, more than in any other country, every individual in the United States is given an opportunity to succeed.

The revival of the American spirit, which became evident in the 1980s, was the result not of the President's cheery disposition but rather of his implementation of important changes that continue to manifest themselves in our society and economy.
                      Sure things happened that I'm sure Reagan wasn't proud of. However, he didn't start anything he didn't finish, he didn't take us to war, and he didn't get impeached. He will go down in history as a great president, not because of what you think, but because he was. A good book to read I found is Deliver Us from Evil : Defeating Terrorism, Despotism, and Liberalism by Sean Hannity

Comment

RIP Reagan

Comment

he was a president who set things right after jimmy carter. i'll definitely miss him as a president and as a celeb.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
                            he was a president who set things right after jimmy carter. i'll definitely miss him as a president and as a celeb.
                            Heh, are you even old enough to REMEMBER him as a US President?
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I know im not, but he was a good man, i pay my respects to any president that has helped our country, even Clinton :P

~KriSpY

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X