http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa3J-L29iT8

Re: Great Moments In Presidential Speeches

That's our Bush...

Wasn't there a TV show named that?
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

hard to believe he's the leader of the free world...makes me wonder what the rest of the world thinks about our country electing him--TWICE !!
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Judging from the comments on youtube, very ... negatively ...
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

It's better when they dole it out in chunks on Lettermen. All together, I can't get through the whole thing. It's too painful.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

It's funny, but not ha-ha funny.

And his 'laugh' REALLY freaks me out.

Comment

It's embarressingly funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                hard to believe he's the leader of the free world...makes me wonder what the rest of the world thinks about our country electing him--TWICE !!
                Plato and Aristotle argued, over 2000 years ago, that Democracy doesn't work very well if the voting population is really stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                  Plato and Aristotle argued, over 2000 years ago, that Democracy doesn't work very well if the voting population is really stupid.
                  Amply demonstrated in 2004. Ugh.
                  Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
                    Amply demonstrated in 2004. Ugh.
                    Amply demonstrated since the 1800s.
                    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Although the videos make him look stupid, hes not a stupid man. I mean he did go to Harvard after all. Hes more uncharismatic than just stupid.

Heh, and yes we have had a lot of really stupid presidents since 1800. Luckily, our system is good enough to make up for a bad president, and we only have to live with one for 4-8 years.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not saying that Democracy doesn't work out for us. It has.

More seriously, I think it's simplistic thinking to think that Democracy is the best political system for every government. What kind of political system is going to work out in part depends on the make up of its citizens. It may turn out that Democracy does this, but there is some bite to the arguments Plato and Aristotle gave.

As for whether Bush is stupid or not. *Shrug* That we went to Yale and Harvard doesn't provide much evidence. His SAT scores were pretty unremarkable: 566 verbal; 640 math. He has relatives that are alumni. He went to a fancy prep school. He has a politically influential family. I think those are the things that got him into Yale and Harvard. So, I don't think that it's telling that he went to these places. The things he says makes me think that he's just stupid.

Comment

Bush got a low verbal score? No way :)

I think democracy is the best government, but you do have a point that it just wont work unless the citizens want it. As for the Iraqi people, im not sure what they want. Didnt a larger percentage of them vote than people did in the US a while back? I could be wrong on that, but if thats the case, it certainly sounds like they want democracy. I guess only time will tell for that, as well as how history views Bush.

Comment

It's not about whether the citizens want it or not. The argument is that if you're putting political power in the hands of citizens who don't understand what impact their decisions make, then you'll get a failure of the system.

Comment

Palestine held elections and look who they voted... Hamas. Russia... Putin. You can be a democracy and still vote terrorist parties and Authoritarian leaders.

BUT... not to be outdone by Bush, I'd like to remind everyone of a very... interesting leader, Jean Chretien:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuiNrTdpZMo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X