Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great Moments In Presidential Speeches

Originally posted by Comrade Franko View Post
    BUT... not to be outdone by Bush, I'd like to remind everyone of a very... interesting leader, Jean Chretien:
    ARrrrggggghhh... why did you have to do that? I had almost forgotten him! He was voted in for three (yes 3!) terms. :(
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
      ARrrrggggghhh... why did you have to do that? I had almost forgotten him! He was voted in for three (yes 3!) terms. :(
      LOL for the past few years this has been my MSN picture:

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...llclennett.jpg

Remember that? The Shawinigen Handshake for anyone not familiar:

http://www.answers.com/topic/shawinigan-handshake

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
        Although the videos make him look stupid, hes not a stupid man. I mean he did go to Harvard after all. Hes more uncharismatic than just stupid.

Heh, and yes we have had a lot of really stupid presidents since 1800. Luckily, our system is good enough to make up for a bad president, and we only have to live with one for 4-8 years.

I think he went to Yale. And it looks like he was a solid C student. And getting into any school has more to do with your family than anything else. And prestige doesn't always equate to intellectual challenge.

I don't think he is all that intelligent. I don't see much evidence for it anyway.

But you don't have to be super intelligent to be a good leader.

Kennedy kinda defined what a president look liked during the television age. I wonder what a good leader would look like in this information age?
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

He went to Yale first, then Harvard B-school.
          Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
            He went to Yale first, then Harvard B-school.
            Ahhh. So you only need a "C" at Yale to go to Harvard to get an MBA?

It is sooooo sweet to be in a privileged family.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

more and morei keep thinkingthat george bush is like michael scott from The OFfice...
              "All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X