X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The difference is who does it....

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...que/index.html

Kufa mosque burns after ammo cache explodes
    The thing I find ironic about this is that had it been the coalition forces that caused this mosque to burn, their would have been calls for a holy war against the infidels, we would have seen stories of Arabs in the street protesting, calling for the death to Americans for destroying their holy site...

When its Arabs that cause the mosque to burn down, all you see is this story blurb in the daily news........

Re: The difference is who does it....

Unpleasant as it is to contemplate that's a pretty universal reaction and I seriously doubt there's anything to be done about it.

"My momma is a stupid bleep she won't let me do anything... wait, what did you call my momma?!"
    "God I hate Texans... wait, what did that pansy Frenchie say about my fellow Americans?!"
    etc.

Us vs. Them is extremely adaptable. Look at our political system. :(

Comment

What i find funny is that everything that goes wrong over there they point the finger at the US, or atleast try to. Such childish things.

Comment

That's because we piss them off a lot by always being there. Even when its not us, they have to keep our rep looking as bad as possible. And when its them, everyone goes quiet and focusses on something bad we did. All the same, we probably deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Geisha
          Unpleasant as it is to contemplate that's a pretty universal reaction and I seriously doubt there's anything to be done about it.

"My momma is a stupid bleep she won't let me do anything... wait, what did you call my momma?!"
          "God I hate Texans... wait, what did that pansy Frenchie say about my fellow Americans?!"
          etc.

Us vs. Them is extremely adaptable. Look at our political system. :(
          You said what I was gonna say :)
          Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
            Even when its not us, they have to keep our rep looking as bad as possible.
            Don't worry, Georgie does a REALLY good job of that.
            Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X