Anti-war Republican Presidential candidate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-war Republican Presidential candidate

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has upset his fellow Republicans at the latest debate for opposing the war. He's been mischaracterized by Rudy Guliani and others as blaming "America" for the 9/11 attacks.

Paul elaborates the next day in a CNN interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy4Eugc0Xls

Fox coverage of the controversy:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,273343,00.html

The Michigan GOP leader wants Paul banned from future debates:

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/michi...t=newsmichigan

Commentators want Paul kept in:

http://www.aim.org/aim_column/5466_0_3_0_C/
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/18/martin/

A Paul video called "Educating Rudy":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcQQ05XtAQ4

Some information on Paul's campaign, particularly how difficult it is to finance and what he's doing about it:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,273302,00.html

Daily Ron Paul news blog (which reports that his Youtube channel has more subscribers than any other candidate, recently edging out Obama):

http://www.ronpaul2008.typepad.com/
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Anti-war Republican Presidential candidate

I like Ron Paul so far. He is certainly the most interesting candidate.

Comment

He makes a lot of really good points. Nice to see "blowback" being mentioned and how the way be handle ourselves in the middle east does have repercussions.
      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Relevant Ron Paul opinions.

He's more classically Republican than people think.
        In game handle: Steel Scion
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post

He says what he thinks, that's what I like or liked about him. That article painted him to be a vicious racist. Now I think he's just unstable. Although I think it's a cheap shot to call him classically Republican.

Comment

That guy is crazy.
            Im not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post

Ron Paul is...um...crazy. Now, thats just my personal opinion, and in no way impacts anything except that I won't personally be voting for him. However, following that link with the line "hes classically Republican" is nothing more than a cheap shot at all of the Republicans (classical or otherwise) who aren't Ron Paul. How many classical Republicans do you know who are afraid of Zionist conspiracies?

Comment

You should also be aware of his economic views:

H.J.RES.23 : Proposing an amendment the Constitution of the United States relative to abolishing personal income, estate, and gift taxes and prohibiting the United States Government from engaging in business in competition with its citizens.
                Sponsor: Rep Paul, Ron [TX-14] (introduced 2/7/2007)

Personally, I don't think abolishing taxes will lead to very good results, but I guess I'm just a wacky liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                  Ron Paul is...um...crazy. Now, thats just my personal opinion, and in no way impacts anything except that I won't personally be voting for him. However, following that link with the line "hes classically Republican" is nothing more than a cheap shot at all of the Republicans (classical or otherwise) who aren't Ron Paul. How many classical Republicans do you know who are afraid of Zionist conspiracies?
                  Several who like to call themselves Reagan Republicans.

And you're right, it was a cheap shot.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ron Paul. I can never get his name right. For some reason, I keep wanting to call him Ron Burgundy. Yeah, he's a wacko. But I'm also for abolishing income tax in favor of a flat consumption tax. That's another issue for another day, though. Don't worry ya'll. This guys not going to get anywhere on the presidential political stage.
                    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Objecting to Israel subsidies is anti-semitic? That seems to be one of the objections that Paul detractors are making. So is objection to French subsidies an instance of anti-French racism?

Bill Maher edits the Republican debate to highlight the differences between Paul and the other candidates:

http://alternet.org/blogs/video/52096/

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

What I like: he speaks his mind.
                        What I dislike: the contents of his mind :icon2: :madsmile:

Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough! Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                          What I dislike: the contents of his mind :icon2: :madsmile:
                          I could say the same of every other candidate. What about this one do you dislike, and why?

I like to be left alone. Paul promises to do that. Every other politician is a busybody who thinks he or she knows better how to run my life than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                            I could say the same of every other candidate. What about this one do you dislike, and why?
                            He is a libertarian. I am not. I want our government to control certain aspects of our behavior. I want an active foreign policy. etc. simple difference of opinion is all.

The :madsmile: icon was more about his personality. He just seems kooky to me.

Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough! Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yeah, there are obviously a few places where I would agree with him, but taken as a whole his political philosophy is very fringe.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...