• Show
Clear All

• Do you own a gun?

I'm just curious...
    Yes.
    58.54%
    No, but only because it's illegal.
    0.00%
    No, but I plan on getting one as soon as I'm able to...
    12.20%
    No, and I don't want one.
    29.27%
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Do you own a gun?

Well... I chose No, and I don't want one because that was the closest. I might want one some time, but I'm currently not interested in spending the time or the money involved with responsibly owning a gun.

I do have a broken airsoft pistol, though, so LOOK OUT!
    [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by H-Hour
      I might want one some time, but I'm currently not interested in spending the time or the money involved with responsibly owning a gun.
      That's an excellent reason to not want a gun. :icon14: I was lucky. I grew up around guns and have been teaching other people how to safely handle and fire guns since I was in high school.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I own a Han Solo blaster pistol. It's an original and even has the silver sticker on it too. I also have an original Storm Trooper blaster rifle. That's the closest I can come to owning that sort of thing.

I do have a sword like all good englishmen should have. My skill with that is Jedi-like and I can deflect bullets with it. ;)

On a serious note though I did actually enjoy shooting when I was in the army and given the choice I'd do it again but we don't have that luxury here anymore.
        Jex.

Comment

I too had to answer No. It's not that I don't want one... just haven't spent the time to learn all of the ins-and-outs. I leave most of that up to my brother. He's the sniper on the SWAT team. I figure he'll take enough shots himself. :icon_frow
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

I own 7 at this point in time. And yes, they are all legal.

Comment

No, and I don't want one. However, after watching a co-worker register a gun, I do have an interest in taking the courses that are required to register a handgun in Tennessee. I was raised in an environment without guns and am very ignorant when it comes to handguns. When I held my co-worker's gun (blatantly not loaded and partially disassembled), I could tell that I was nervous, which is stupid. I'm confident that the courses required to register a handgun would shatter that nervousness, which spawns itself from ignorance.

Hell, when I was growing up, a sig was something that gave you cancer. :)
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I'm Canadian.

No need, no desire. One of my brothers does own a shotgun or 2 but that's about it.

I fired a shotgun once. 30 some years ago. :)
                I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

I've got one.

I'm also scheduled to take the concealed carry class this fall.

I usually just take it on road trips, otherwise, it's locked up in the house.

Comment

YES.

Everyone who knows me knows why...

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                      No, and I don't want one. However, after watching a co-worker register a gun, I do have an interest in taking the courses that are required to register a handgun in Tennessee. I was raised in an environment without guns and am very ignorant when it comes to handguns. When I held my co-worker's gun (blatantly not loaded and partially disassembled), I could tell that I was nervous, which is stupid. I'm confident that the courses required to register a handgun would shatter that nervousness, which spawns itself from ignorance.

Hell, when I was growing up, a sig was something that gave you cancer. :)
                      Personally I think being a little nervous is a good thing - it shows you have respect for what the weapon is capable of. First time I loaded a rifle on the ranges - I felt a little nervous too.
                      Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        I'm confident that the courses required to register a handgun would shatter that nervousness, which spawns itself from ignorance.
                        Such is a large problem with gun ownership in my belief. I love guns. My dad and I just went shooting yesterday. Firing off 100+ rounds out of my .357 or .45 is a great stress reliever. I grew up around guns and my dad made damn sure to teach me how to use them.

I get nervous around guns too. More specifically around people at the range who obviously just bought their gun and whose only experience with them comes from John Wayne movies or the Matrix. It's scary when you see him/her struggling just to get a bullet in the chamber. Thankfully the range officers have good eyes and immediately flank the person to help them out.

I mean cmon, you don't allow a person with no license to drive a car. Why the Hell do they sell guns to people who have no idea how to use them? Then you have the glaring machismo from some of these guys who take it offensively when someone tries to run them through basic gun safety.

I firmly believe that if you can't break down an automatic pistol and put it back together: you have no business owning one. What are you going to do when (not if) you have a misfire or a mechanical malfunction with live rounds in the gun if you have no idea how it functions or breaks down?

I'm sure there are websites out there that have detailed pictures and videos on how to properly operate and maintain a handgun. I could even post some pictures/videos if I was so inclined.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX

I firmly believe that if you can't break down an automatic pistol and put it back together: you have no business owning one.

I concur. .

Comment

I have a shot gun in the house locked up. Only shoot it once or twice a year to make sure I remember how. Then I take it apart, clean it and lock it up again.

I work alone with the public in the streets, not a formal office. It seems more and more frequently people in my line of work are being assaulted. Concealed Carry is an option in the near future, but I haven't got started yet.
                            New to TG?

Comment

I got a 20 gauge semiautomatic shotgun but it was made in 1965 I believe so it is a bit old. Need to take it to a gunsmith to get the trigger fixed since it has a tendacy to stick.

Until I eventually get around to doing that, I don't use it for any skeet shooting.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X