Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching Star Wars...for the First time!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Star Wars...for the First time!

So, it's the 30th anniversary of Star Wars and the BBC has a cute little piece in their entertainment section on the impressions of one of their entertainment reporters who is watching Star Wars for the very first time (How is that possible?). Anyway, it's a fun read as the reporter records his impressions chapter by chapter:

Losing my Star Wars virginity from the BBC
    LoyalGuard

Re: Watching Star Wars...for the First time!

Think he would have enjoyed it more if he didn't have to pause it every 3 minutes to write for 5 minutes ;)

Comment

I think cinemax or show time is having a complete marathon today starting at 3:00 pm cst or est(forgot which one) all episodes. Then on monday the History channle has there little thing on star wars.

Comment

Is this the one where he's watching it from EPI > EP VI?

If so, the emotional content from Luke finding our Vader is his father (possibly one of the greatest movies twists ever) will be non-existent.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
          Is this the one where he's watching it from EPI > EP VI?

If so, the emotional content from Luke finding our Vader is his father (possibly one of the greatest movies twists ever) will be non-existent.
          I agree. My ex-wife had never seen Star Wars, so I made her watch them in the order that we all had to. IV, V, VI, then I, II, and III. She loved it. THAT's the way to do it. It also helped that we could just watch and enjoy them instead of worrying about writing an article.
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Enjoyed the first 3 movies, the last three movies were like that article. Painful.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I watched the first Star Wars sometime in the eighties, but I never watched any others.

I tried to watch the first episode of the second series when someone gave me the DVD, but I lost interest. I tried, but I just think spaceships and such are not for me.

But I DID enjoy the Xbox Knights of the Old Republic game.
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

i like all of them... but the graphics are not best specialy when they guy gets his hand cut off.
                ~Chris~
                ~Glaze~

Comment

I remember when I watched a marathon of 4-6 in a theater in the 80's. Boy, was my butt sore after that!

(It was the old UC Berkeley theater on University. It was the first place I saw Rocky Horror with the live "act along with the movie" group down front, in full costume with nice props.)
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                    (It was the old UC Berkeley theater on University. It was the first place I saw Rocky Horror with the live "act along with the movie" group down front, in full costume with nice props.)
                    "A toast..."

LoyalGuard

Comment

Shocking, just shocking.

Makes me want to go pull out my Star Wars originals on VHS again. :D
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I find your lack of faith disturbing :D

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

my wife and i watched two programs on the history channel about star wars: one was about the parallels of star wars compared to different myths of greek, roman, babylonia, etc. mythologies and the other was the technology of star wars

both were very cool and would recommend watching them if they are rerun on history ... it's very cool to see the depth lucas put into everything like how chewbacca's name is taken from a word in russian or cossack and nabuu is the name of the babylonia goddess of wisdom and other things like that

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X