Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of television(s)!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/05/25/s....ap/index.html

This is awesome! A television 2.5 inches in diameter that is 0.3 millimeters thick (like a thin piece of cardboard, similar to one side of a cigarette box) and is flexible without breaking. I researched it a little further and sony says they can make it as big as anyone needs (eventually, they dont currently do it), but they havent figured out the angle on how theyre going to use it. The article talks a lot more about it, but I think it's cool as hell!

Re: The future of television(s)!

Damn that is cool !! Endless sizes... entire walls covered.... o.O
    Dizlor

Comment

Theres some amazing applications that go along with this.
      Sony claims it is unbreakable because of its depth (or lack thereof) and it's flexibility. This being said, imagine things like the following:

-Removing all windows and windscreens from armored vehicles (such as presidential motorcade vehicles). Simply mount cameras in secure locations (hidden of course so they couldnt be shot out) and put a viewscreen on the inside of the solid bulkhead where the windshield used to be. Think Starship Enterprise viewscreen meets the automobile.

-Design a rolldown version of the screen for law enforcement vehicles (similar to the previous setup, except the windshield is still there) and tie it to night-vision cameras mounted on the vehicle for night pursuits, etc.

-Wallpapers with screensavers! Imagine being able to instantly change the look of a room by changing whats on the screens, anything from artwork to visual textures to colors to photography or video!

-The future of cell phones? Integrate one with a microcamera into a wristband that can be used as a video phone. How cool would that be?

Those are just a few that I thought up, but i'm sure the possibilities are endless.

Comment

I hope I don't end up having to watch some infomercial while I'm taking a dump.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
          I hope I don't end up having to watch some infomercial while I'm taking a dump.
          I hope you don't take my phone call, either!
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X