Behind the Attorney Scandal: "Caging"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behind the Attorney Scandal: "Caging"

Interesting article and interview on Greg Palast's new book. Among other things, he discusses the unasked questions about Monica Goodling's comments about "direct mail."

This time around, he claims to have 500 emails that the House subpoenaed and Karl Rove claims were deleted forever. They prove definitively, says Palast, that the Justice Department is infested with operatives taking orders from Rove to steal upcoming elections for Republicans and permanently alter the Department.
    ---
    GP: ...Caging works like this. Hundreds of thousands of Black and Hispanic voters were sent letters — do not forward. Letters returned as undeliverable (”caged”) were used as evidence the voter didn’t live at their registered address. The GOP goons challenged these voters’ right to cast ballots — and their votes were lost.

But whose letters were caged? Here’s where the game turns to deep evil. They targeted Black students on vacation, homeless men — and you’ll love this — Black soldiers sent overseas. They weren’t living at their home voting address because they were shivering under a Humvee in Falluja.
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Re: Behind the Attorney Scandal: "Caging"

*checks the article*

Ok, seriously, this guy sounds like he needs to be doing interviews on Coast to Coast AM. I followed the posted link back to the site claiming to have Whitehouse Emails, which has 2 emails which run like this:

Subject: Caging
    Heres the list. 1800 so far.
    Attachment: Caging-1.xls

I'm almost scared to click on the attachment for fear it might be a virus or something. Anyone bold enough to try it and tell us what the attachment says?

But supposing that caging really was the terribly illegal thing he says, why would someone write an email that broadcasts "this illegal thing I'm doing" in the subject line, and save his datafiles with the name of the illegal activity? You'd have to be really dumb to do that.

Comment

GREG PALAST: Oddly, the GOP verified their authenticity to BBC. I almost fell over dead when they did that.

JD: How did they do that exactly?

GP: We asked them on camera. They did not deny they were the party’s internal emails — just disagreed what the “caging” lists were. Saying, for example, they were “donor” lists. Men in homeless shelters?

Remember, there’s no First Amendment in England. I’m wrong, I’m sued, I’m broke, I’m toast.
      *shrug*
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

And yet three years later, the only response in the media (which remember absolutely loves any stories about Republican voter fraud) is this one guy who sounds like he belongs on late night conspiracy radio...

I can only surmise from that that either the conspiracy really is as big as he says, including major parts of both parties, or that he really is as nuts as he sounds. Take your pick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X