NBA finals--Who is gonna win?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA finals--Who is gonna win?

Im a spurs fan, and since i thought the Cavs were a weaker team i wanted them to win. But after their awesome performance in the Eastern Conference Finals im not so sure. LeBron has been amazing and almost Jordan like, and even with Bruce Bowen on him hes still going to be a pain in the butt. Its also going to be a classic matchup. Can the old and veteran Spurs outlast the up and coming LeBron and the Cavs?

Also, just want to touch on this. In the "NBA playoffs" thread in the general discussion, some people were saying a Pistons vs Spurs matchup would be boring. Seems to me the people that would say that are the ones that dont understand anything about basketball. Running from end to end without a care for defense is not good basketball. Its kind of like me and baseball. I know nothing about baseball, and find it extremely boring unless theres homerun after homerun with lots of scoring. But thats because I dont know everything thats going on since im unfamiliar with the sport. I think most of the people that think a Spurs vs Pistons matchup would be boring are those that dont know enough about basketball to find it enjoyable to watch.
    Spurs
    27.78%
    Cavaliers
    19.44%
    4 games
    8.33%
    5 games
    16.67%
    6 games
    13.89%
    7 games
    13.89%

Re: NBA finals--Who is gonna win?

I told my guys at work Spurs.. and still the spurs.. There the complete team, Offense and defense. Duncan is boring, but hes a beast.. 3 rings....

Comment

I'm pulling for the Spurs. I would rather see a team win over a superstar. Disappointed in my Pistons. :( Give me Spurs in 6.

Lucky Shot

Comment

The poll is incomplete. It doesn't have a "Who in the world cares?" option.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I could care less except I want to see that dirty-playing team from San Antonio LOSE.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Yeah the San Antonio "Sterns" will take it in 6. Cavs have no one to counter Duncan. Duncan is also the best defensive forward in the game hands down. Bowen, Horry are both cheap shot artists who have their craft down to a science. It'll be another boring finals no doubt in my mind
            sigpic

Comment

Spurs are too complete and experienced. Spurs take the championship in 5. So far I'm not really impressed by the Cav's roleplayers (with the exception of ex-Longhorn Boobie).

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

The Cavs are on a roll! Yeah well the Spurs have no one to counter LeBron. Don't underestimate them like the Pistons did. Bowen can't guard LeBron. Tayshaun Prince and Lindsey Hunter couldn't guard LeBron. You need a minimum of 2 guys on him whenever he touches the ball. And when he does pass it to Boobie, he'll drain that 3. Everyone said the Pistons would be done with them in 6. All I'm saying is don't underestimate them. Not that it matters but the Cavs were 2-0 against them in the regular season. The only thing Duncan is going to be doing is getting posterized when LeBron's rolling down the middle of the lane, just like he did in San Antonio the first week of the season.

You are all witnesses! :)

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                  The poll is incomplete. It doesn't have a "Who in the world cares?" option.
                  It does. Every thread you post in here without choosing an option is a vote for, "I don't care."
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
                    The Cavs are on a roll! Yeah well the Spurs have no one to counter LeBron. Don't underestimate them like the Pistons did. Bowen can't guard LeBron. Tayshaun Prince and Lindsey Hunter couldn't guard LeBron. You need a minimum of 2 guys on him whenever he touches the ball. And when he does pass it to Boobie, he'll drain that 3. Everyone said the Pistons would be done with them in 6. All I'm saying is don't underestimate them. Not that it matters but the Cavs were 2-0 against them in the regular season. The only thing Duncan is going to be doing is getting posterized when LeBron's rolling down the middle of the lane, just like he did in San Antonio the first week of the season.

You are all witnesses! :)

Well J I hope your right my brother but the counter for Lebron is Duncan. Duncan is the best defensive forward in the game. He's averaged some insane block totals in the last 2 western conf playoff rounds this season. Cleveland will have to shoot lights out from the outside to have any chance at all. If James comes down the lane he is gonna have to deal with Duncan and from what I have seen so far these playoffs I have to give the edge to Duncan.

I would love to see the "Sterns" beat but I just don't see it happening
                    sigpic

Comment

Lakers over Celtics in 6. Go Magic!
                      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Cleveland Rocks!!!

Comment

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

:icon9:

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
                              :icon9:
                              Agreed. Still, going up against "one of the best teams in NBA history," (so this year's Spurs are being called), at least the Cavs weren't blown out in the last two games.

Each year since King James arrived they've made it a step further, so next year should be their year to win it all, right? I sure hope so!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X