Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giuliani: Worse Than Bush

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...orse_than_bush

Matt Taibbi has an eviscerating article in Rolling Stone on Giuliani. Includes some information that, if you did not live in or around NY during his mayorship, you may not have heard of. If you value competency and smarts in government during times of crisis, page 4 is of particular interest.
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Re: Giuliani: Worse Than Bush

Because Rolling Stone has really credible journalism, huh? That's why I cancelled my subscribtion years back. It was nothing but biased Bush bashing with only one side of the story. They seem to have an obvious agenda...brainwashing America's music-loving youth to hate all things Republican.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Rolling Stone is supposed to be about rocking roll, not politics, isn't it?

Nonetheless, nearly all politicians today are made of the same material: hunger for power, desire for monetary gain and popular fame, and a pud desk job that affords plenty of field trips, golf days, and fancy dinners. The system needs to be adjusted such that the parties each must choose a candidate who doesn't really want the job but is capable of fulfilling the duty.

As a matter of popular fashion, when was the last time we've selected a president who wasn't made fun of?

Eisenhower, D: Gave us interstates, helping mass-transit expand the economy.
      Kennedy, J: Great public speaker, realised the importance of not only looking to the stars, but heading in their direction. (He and kin were lecherous of course, but professional and discreet about it.)
      After that...

Johnson, L: Created a welfare state and wrecked a lot of our nation's kids. (gj)
      Nixon, R: Broke the law 'a bit.' (At least he bowed out honorably.)
      Ford, G: Not elected.
      Carter, J: If only he was building charity houses during these four years.
      Reagan, R: Can't hold his sushi. (And got away with breaking the law 'a bit.')
      Bush, G: Gave us Nam II by not finishing the job in Iraq. (Saddam celebrates with gas attacks on his own people.)
      Clinton: First Lecher. (Oh, and bold-faced liar on TV.)
      Bush, W: Tounge-tied on stage, weak on enforcing immigration laws (¡Bienvinido á el White House, se habla español!), didn't see that the Iraqi people, as a whole, weren't prepared to be a self-governing union, despite the fact three warring factions were being held at peace because of a dictator that would massacre them all if they fought each other.
      Last edited by MagnaCentipede; 06-03-2007, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I don't know about now, but Rolling Stone has had some very, very good journalism in the past.

See Hunter S. Thomson.
        Do or do not, there is no try....
        -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
          Reagan, R: Can't hold his sushi. (And got away with breaking the law 'a bit.')
          If you are referring to the incident with the president throwing up on the Japanese prime minister, that was Bush, not Reagan.
          Last edited by E0_; 06-03-2007, 04:19 PM. Reason: Spelling error

The time for calm and rational discussion has passed. Now is the time for senseless bickering.

Comment

Originally posted by gunjunkie View Post
            See Hunter S. Thomson.
            Yep. Rolling Stone has been covering politics for about...40 years now? ;)
            Beatnik

Comment

Presidential puking and the quality of Rolling Stone not withstanding, the disconnect between Giuliani's self-presented persona and his actual performance as a leader are quite jarring, and I think this article does a good job of highlighting that. If there are any Giualiani supporters out there, I'd be curious to hear them rebut some of these points.
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

E0_: I stand corrected. +R

Comment

I'm not the biggest fan of Giuliani, but...when did "Swift Boating" become a verb? And whats it supposed to mean anyway? I'm certain they don't intend that to mean "telling the truth about someone when they try to lie about themselves to gain popular support", or anything like that. Well, at least not that they'll admit--in secret, that probably is exactly what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
                    E0_: I stand corrected. +R
                    You could have mentioned that his wife consulted an astrologer. That's worse than throwing up on a head of state if you ask me.

The time for calm and rational discussion has passed. Now is the time for senseless bickering.

Comment

Good point, I completely overlooked that one, however she wasn't elected.

Comment

I wouldn't call myself a supporter, but this article is as bad as talk radio. The writer isn't giving facts for people to read and digest themselves - he's using every possible opportunity to twist words and issues to trash Giuliani. Which is fine I guess - but I really can't imagine making my own decisions off information gleaned from such a slanted, axe-grinding article.
                        Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
                        Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
                        ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Originally posted by E0_ View Post
                          If you are referring to the incident with the president throwing up on the Japanese prime minister, that was Bush, not Reagan.
                          Still creates a funny picture in your mind though doesnt it ? lol Reagan throwing up on the Prime Minister... :row__588: (whoa new smilies over there lol)
                          Dizlor

Comment

Most New Yorkers do in fact hate Guliani, and with good reason. He is not what he appears to be, which is difficult to accept because he speaks so well. It's funny how much of an opposite this is to Bush - a man who speaks poorly, yet is precisely what he appears to be. I am not going to say exactly what that is.

The Republicans are simply going to have to produce a better candidate. (Enter Fred Thompson, stage right)

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                              The Republicans are simply going to have to produce a better candidate. (Enter Fred Thompson, stage right)
                              Fred Thompson: Tapping the Law and Order vote.

FRED!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X