Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another beheading

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/06/22/iraq.hostage/

SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- Iraqi insurgents carried out their threat to behead the South Korean civilian they were holding hostage, the Pentagon said Tuesday.

A senior coalition official in Iraq said the body, which was found by U.S. military police west of Baghdad, appeared to have been thrown from a vehicle.

"The man had been beheaded, and the head was recovered with the body," the official said. Pentagon sources said the body had been booby-trapped with explosives.

"It breaks our heart that we have to announce this unfortunate news. A body identified to be of an Asian man was found between Baghdad and Fallujah," said South Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman Shin Bong-kil in Seoul.

"Afterwards, the photo of the body was e-mailed to the South Korean Embassy and was confirmed to be the body of Kim Sun-il."
    Don't know what to say, how much longer is this going to go on?

Re: Another beheading

Probably until we (Americans) get out. I dontwant to leave though.
    If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
    -Murphy

Comment

well i think it is time for korea to start voicing some threats, attack them and face the might of the korean army..

the USA are certainly scared to engage Korea for fear of what it will do, and do you see mr bush sticking up for iraq, i dont.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
        well i think it is time for korea to start voicing some threats, attack them and face the might of the korean army..

the USA are certainly scared to engage Korea for fear of what it will do, and do you see mr bush sticking up for iraq, i dont.
        I guess I don't know what you mean "sticking up for Iraq"...

Also, I don't see your own wonderful country doing much about Korea either. Those who live in glass houses, ought not thrown stones.

Comment

Originally posted by Fait_Maker
          I guess I don't know what you mean "sticking up for Iraq"...

Also, I don't see your own wonderful country doing much about Korea either. Those who live in glass houses, ought not thrown stones.

ahhh ha ha

yeah good one

:icon_roll

say what you like but the fact is you back down with your superior, freindly fire team... sorry army
          Last edited by phyllis; 06-24-2004, 10:03 PM.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Why would the US step up to S. Korea?

Comment

I don't quite understand what you mean...

Comment

ahhh ha ha

yeah good one

:icon_roll

say what you like but the fact is you back down with your superior, freindly fire team... sorry army
                And yet we are vilified for the war we started and the people we've killed. You can't have it both ways Dude. Did we start a war and liberate the Iraqi people or did we run scared?

Please explain how the U.S. have run scared from North Korea <which is who I assume you meant since we are allies with S. Korea and have bases there.>? Enlighten me with your old, wise, sage words.

You also did not clarify what you mean by "sticking up for Iraq". I explained that I didn't understand and you ignored it. Again, please explain that comment that "bush should stick up for Iraq". I guess we can start with stick up for them against who? S. Korea?
                Last edited by phyllis; 06-24-2004, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fait_Maker
                  And yet we are vilified for the war we started and the people we've killed. You can't have it both ways Dude. Did we start a war and liberate the Iraqi people or did we run scared?

Please explain how the U.S. have run scared from North Korea <which is who I assume you meant since we are allies with S. Korea and have bases there.>? Enlighten me with your old, wise, sage words.

no im sorry but being patronising and condesending aint going to provoke any discussion here so.... next.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

When these people behead other people it just gives us more of a reason to stay. Shows how unstable they are.

Comment

I'm confused...

The "reason" for the beheading is because South Korea is sending troops to Iraq. And the United States is one of South Korea's most important allies. Why would we engage them?
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                        I'm confused...

The "reason" for the beheading is because South Korea is sending troops to Iraq. And the United States is one of South Korea's most important allies. Why would we engage them?
                        Three times he's been asked that question, twice by me. He won't answer me or Lezor so I can only presume you'll get the same.

Comment

no im sorry but being patronising and condesending aint going to provoke any discussion here so.... next.
                          What? You made a comment that you apparently can't explain and I'm being condescending? It's called sarcasm and for a Brit I'm suprised you don't know the device. Please now, I'm asking a third time. Explain your comment about Korea. Several people did not understand it and want clarification. YOU told me if I didn't understand something, ask and let it be explained. I'm giving you that chance.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X