Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Robot!

Re: Tactical Robot!

Whoa, I'd heard about this being a possibility within a decade. I didn't know it was already being used.
    [volun]

Comment

Why are there links to iRobot all over that site? Plus, that picture looks sort of photoshopped to be honest. Cool thing and all, but is it real?

<skeptical>

Comment

These are already being used, their just modified versions of the robots that go in to cleanup radio active waste.

They already have armor plated robots with a gun to enter strongholds/occupied buildings. I dont think they are using these yet.

Comment

They had one of these at E3 at the America's Army booth this year, It was functional and loaded up with all sorts of cameras and stuff. It was really neat looking. I think I have pictures of it somewhere..
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Link
            Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
            Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Originally posted by tycho
              Why are there links to iRobot all over that site? Plus, that picture looks sort of photoshopped to be honest. Cool thing and all, but is it real?

<skeptical>
              iRobot is the manufacturer of the PackBot... It's definitely real.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Interview with the cofounder of iRobot: http://features.engadget.com/entry/8154940951659251/

It also includes a photo of a PackBot killed in action...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X