Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sopranos...

Worst ending ever.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: The Sopranos...

Yep.
    Beatnik

Comment

It was certainly disappointing and a real letdown to see such a spectacular series go out that way. I am not sure which was worse, my wife having to hear me scream and curse when I thought our TiVo stopped recording or after I realized that was the end. While I appreciate David Chase leaving a lot for us to think about, I would have liked to see some closure.

Comment

Terrible.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

It was pretty horrible. And how long was that show in the running? 12 years? I remember when AJ was a short, fat kid, and this is the ending I get?

Hooplah I say, hooplah!
          AIM-PCB PUNK
          Xfire-deathownz

Comment

I haven't seen it yet since it won't be on here for several months but from the descriptions I read it sounds even worse than the series finale of Seinfeld!
            LoyalGuard

Comment

Tell me I'm not the only one thinking my cable went out, I went and checked my other tv...

I'm disappointed.

Comment

What seems worse is that according to a lot of reviews I have read this morning from TV critics they seem to think that ending it this way is ok! "Let the viewer" decide...

Apparently David Chase was interviewed awhile back and said he basically had this ending in mind three years ago
                LoyalGuard

Comment

Horrible!!!! Although the "Say bye-bye to Grandpa" scene was pretty cool with Phil getting whacked.

Does anyone think they ended it this way to make a Sopranos movie?

Burning spies is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumluv59 View Post
                    Does anyone think they ended it this way to make a Sopranos movie?
                    Well, there's been talk of that for awhile so it is very possible. There are several story lines that could still be pursued: 1) "Re-building" his family 2) New (Improved?) relations with NY, 3) Federal Indictment/Arrest. On the other hand, there does seem to have been too many doors shut though (Christoper's Dead, Junior is not the man he once was, Melfi seems done with Tony for good this time...)

Although a "prequel" was rumored for awhile, I don't see how it is feasible unless it had a different character base (Younger versions of the characters perhaps - Young Tony, Paulie, Sil, Big P. Bompansero) or focused only characters who haven't aged disproportionately during the show (No Med, AJ, and possibly Christopher)
                    LoyalGuard

Comment

Total let down for me.... I got all worked up when Phil was ousted, then head-smooshed. Also, what was the point of her missing the mark on that parallel park job so many times ?? It wasnt delaying her from anything, as she did make it inside before homeboy came out of the bathroom.... just weird. I was expecting something to happen to everyone while she was trying to park that lexus. *shrugs
                      Dizlor

Comment

I never got into the Sopranos. Though, after hearing that their series finale was coming up, I considered getting season one because I'm into the whole mobster scene. I was going to see if I liked it and then progressively check out the whole series. After reading about all of this, I won't even bother.

Comment

Whistler-

I would still check it out. Although I, like many other fans, am dissappointed at the series finale, the series as a whole cannot be discounted. I would at least rent them (if available) and watch them all.
                          LoyalGuard

Comment

I still should probably do that but would you rent a video game knowing it was going to freeze up on the last level? That's what I'd liken it to. I will certainly checkout season one. I can honestly say I've never watched a Soprano episode (never had HBO) so I think I at least owe it to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard View Post
                              Whistler-

I would still check it out. Although I, like many other fans, am dissappointed at the series finale, the series as a whole cannot be discounted. I would at least rent them (if available) and watch them all.
                              So true... it was a GREAT series.
                              Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...