Second Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Life

I finally looked at the Second Life website. It looks pretty interesting, but I must ask about it. Is there any point to it whatsoever? I remember the earlier conversation we all had about some of the negative things going on in it. Is it like WoW or something? Levels? Raids? Or is it just some fancy new way to chat with and meet people? I'm just confused as to the point of the game.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Re: Second Life

Simple explanation. You pay real money to buy anything in a virtual world, from clothes to land and houses. Then you meet real people doing the same thing. No levels or whatnot. Basically living a "second life".
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

...with Vampires, Furries, and drama queens.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds kinda lame for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
          ...with Vampires, Furries, and drama queens.
          I think this is the first time I've ever seen 'Furries' capitalized. Are they official now? I mean, no way they are up there with Vampires.

Comment

Actually, I don't think you need to capitalize vampires either. Being insular and prideful cliques, I just thought that they might like it that way.
            In game handle: Steel Scion
            sigpic

Comment

If you don't want to spend money you can get a job in the game and get paid for it by real people. So if one job isn't bad enough you can get a second. I don't know about you guys but I have a dream to work at a virtual burger joint.

Comment

Originally posted by jonan_ View Post
                If you don't want to spend money you can get a job in the game and get paid for it by real people. So if one job isn't bad enough you can get a second. I don't know about you guys but I have a dream to work at a virtual burger joint.
                Are you talking real money? And how much? This sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                  Are you talking real money? And how much? This sounds interesting.
                  I don't know for sure but I read that people "own" things in the game and they pay people to run there stuff. For example the guys who create the clothing, accessories, etc. pay people to sell it. You would have to look into it further as I have no first hand experience. I doubt that they really have burger joints though :)

You thinking of working in second life while you sit at work on the computer?

Comment

Originally posted by jonan_ View Post
                    You thinking of working in second life while you sit at work on the computer?
                    I could totally cyber-whore myself out, or be a cyber-pimp, but then that may lead to cyber-rape. And I don't know if I could ever recover from the cyber-trauma of such a cyber-thing.

Comment

I'd advise against it, just because the exchange rate is so bad. You could earn $40 an hour in Second Life, and then when you try to convert it to US dollars, you realize you're still broke. ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X