Who's Endorsing Who

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Endorsing Who

Thought it might be amusing to keep track of which "celebrities" are endorsing which candidates. I use the term celebrity pretty loosely. Basically they're all going to have some other politicians - boring. We all know we're only going to vote for a candidate if someone we have heard of is saying we should.

For Obama
    (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_...mpaign%2C_2008)
    Oprah Winfrey

For Hillary
    (From Hillary's Site - http://www.hillaryclinton.com/news/endorsements/)
    Spielberg
    Billie Jean King

For McCain
    (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mc...mpaign%2C_2008)
    Charles R. Schwab

For Guiliani
    Can't find anyone

If I missed your candidate -- my apologizes.
    Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
    Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
    ...and other distractions of various levels.

Re: Who's Endorsing Who

For Fred Dalton Thompson
    Me.

Here's hoping he runs. Everything aside, I'd love to watch the libs squirm seeing another conservative actor headed for the big chair. Everything not aside, we seriously need a candidate who isn't Muslim, isn't Iron-fist Communist, isn't a limp wanna-be-W-as-if-W-was-a-goal-to-aspire-to, and isn't a showboat who takes credit for others' heroics. Respectively. Not that that quartet receives my respect.

Comment

Ill go for a center-minded Republican. McCain or Thompson

But there is a lot yet to happen before voting day. Ill make up my mind then.

Sarcoma
      Sarcoma.

Comment

I believe Pistos was asking about celebs, although ya'll are in my book.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

But who is Paris Hilton endorsing?! :p
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

She's an anarchist now.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I was just posting the early celebs that have given official endorsements. I just hate that so many Americans give so much credence to these people. I realize that the majority of Hollywood leans to the left but this isn't meant to single out just the Democrats. There are plenty of empty-headed backers of Republican politicians too. But so many people enable this kind of garbage by actually paying attention when they open their yaps.
              Gigan - Shaman (Resto)
              Pistos - Semi-retired Shadowpriest
              ...and other distractions of various levels.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
                Everything not aside, we seriously need a candidate who isn't Muslim
                obamas christian but thanx for trying :)

Comment

This chick is for Obama, then so am I! jk She's pretty hot, but definitely not a celebrity, at least as far as I know.
                  New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by Pistos View Post
                    I was just posting the early celebs that have given official endorsements. I just hate that so many Americans give so much credence to these people. I realize that the majority of Hollywood leans to the left but this isn't meant to single out just the Democrats. There are plenty of empty-headed backers of Republican politicians too. But so many people enable this kind of garbage by actually paying attention when they open their yaps.
                    The majority of Hollywood leans to the left? Are you refering to the actors or executives that run the studios? Additionally, on what issues and what time in history?
                    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                    - Check me out on The Onion
                    - I'm on the local news!

Comment

There are many conservatives in Hollywood, but they aren't the kind who go on TV and tell other people what to think and do, and they don't fish for attention by making wild claims. (Remember when Ally Baldwin said he was going to move away if Bush won? Makes you want to flick a nickel into his tin cup, doesn't it?)

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
                        There are many conservatives in Hollywood, but they aren't the kind who go on TV and tell other people what to think and do, and they don't fish for attention by making wild claims. (Remember when Ally Baldwin said he was going to move away if Bush won? Makes you want to flick a nickel into his tin cup, doesn't it?)
                        Really? Ronald Reagan (during his 40+ Hollywood career), Charleston Heston, Fred Thompson, Dennis Miller, Tom Selleck, Mel Gibson, James Woods, Arnold Schwarnegger, Ron Silver, Ben Stein, Pat Boone, Bo Derek (among others I've forgotten) are never the kind to go on TV to tell people what to do or say! I've never heard them make any wild claims either.
                        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                        "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                        - Check me out on The Onion
                        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

You're citing many actual politicians. Reagan, Thompson, and Schwarzenegger ran, successfully, for office. Heston and Selleck are open NRA supporters; I've seen them campaign through that channel, but not elsewhere. I know Ben's emcee'd for the Republicans, but I don't recall him on Money telling people who to support -- though I don't read any publications where he columns, so perhaps I'm missing his better works.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
                            The majority of Hollywood leans to the left? Are you refering to the actors or executives that run the studios? Additionally, on what issues and what time in history?
                            Don't tell me you are actually claiming this to be false!?

()

Comment

"Left" is a flexible term. I'd say Hollywood wants more subsidies for "art", less interference in what they make with those subsidies, and beyond that, more money for each individual's own cause (possibly requiring less for competing causes).
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X