Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two NYC Mayors In One Presidential Race?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two NYC Mayors In One Presidential Race?

Bloomberg leaves Republican party.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Re: Two NYC Mayors In One Presidential Race?

Not sure I ever really took Bloomberg as a republican. Bloomberg does not match the majority of my views. Oddly enough, I am not sure Guiliani matches my beliefs either. Although few senators become president, I am not so sure either mayor will make it either.

Lucky Shot
    Last edited by Lucky Shot; 06-20-2007, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Well, according to the article, he was a registered Democrat right up to the day he decided to run for mayor, and thought an (R) next to his name would work better than a (D), so there you go. :p

Comment

I suspect Bloomberg will run for president as an independent like Ross Perot did and get a lot of attention from disenchanted voters from both parties. Unfortunately he doesn't realize that the people in the fly over states aren't buying what he is selling. I think if he stays in the race he will dilute the democratic party votes on the eastern seaboard and hand the race to the Republicans. Provided they can find a candidate that can finish a sentence - and is capable of creating a genuine foreign policy and an energy policy that will provide long term benefits. (John McCain?)

Comment

I could see McCain winning the presidency, but I don't see him winning the Republican nomination. He just takes the wrong side on too many key issues.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I hear he's down to 4th place in the polls now. He really took a hit after spear-heading that whole immigration bill fiasco.

Comment

So now we have two candidates that are automatically disqualified. Cool; makes my life easier.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                Well, according to the article, he was a registered Democrat right up to the day he decided to run for mayor, and thought an (R) next to his name would work better than a (D), so there you go. :p
                Another demonstration that primaries are a sham, and we should get rid of them.
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Really, neither of these (alleged) candidates speaks very well of the quality of political leadership to come out of NYC.
                  In game handle: Steel Scion
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                    Really, neither of these (alleged) candidates speaks very well of the quality of political leadership to come out of NYC.
                    The interest they generate does seem to validate the saying attributed to P. T. Barnum.
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X