X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vice President is not a part of the Executive

At least that is what Cheney says.

Nice.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Vice President is not apart of the Executive

Apart?

Or a part?

Regardless, I'd like to hear the entire context of Vice President Cheney's quote.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
      Or a part?
      That one.
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

More context. (nytimes.com link)
        Beatnik

Comment

At this point I'd like to see Cheney charged with treason. He's done irreuputable harm to this country and its government.

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
            At this point I'd like to see Cheney charged with treason. He's done irreuputable harm to this country and its government.
            Hold on here. Didn't you see my thread?

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...eney-08-a.html
            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
            "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
            - Check me out on The Onion
            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
              Hold on here. Didn't you see my thread?

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...eney-08-a.html
              Hehe, I missed it.

One of the best jokes I've heard lately (though it's not really a joke) is that Dick Cheney is the worst president in American history.

Comment

I usually try to keep from calling the current administration evil (I'll call them incompetent all day though), but this takes the taco. This action just blows my mind.

I wish I had something more constructive to say.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I thought I'd throw this out to anyone who isn't afraid of Cheney and who he 'represents.' Some might write this off as conspiracy theory, but John Perkins is offering a first-hand account of exactly how the US-controlled World Bank, US private industry (namely Bechtel and Haliburton) and the executive branch of the US government have been operating over the past four decades.

http://www.alternet.org/story/21245/

Comment

More fun facts about the veep. (WaPo link - rr req'd)

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/chene...esi/index.html
                    Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                      You know that by law, he would preside over his own impeachment proceedings, yes?
                      ---
                      Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Re: Vice President is not a part of the Executive

That duty would most likely fall to the President Pro Tempore. Impeachment proceedings are not set in stone and are very much subject to the whims of the sitting Congress.
                        In game handle: Steel Scion
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Switchcraft View Post
                          You know that by law, he would preside over his own impeachment proceedings, yes?
                          Thereby furthering the myth that Cheney is untouchable? No, I don't. Steeler is correct, this would fall to the President Pro Tempore, currently Robert Byrd of West Virginia.

It's not going to happen anyway. Cheney's trial will happen in the eyes of the public when they eventually gain access to the transcripts (what little there are) of his private dealings. I hope to be alive then so I can witness for myself how fragile our US democracy really is, or was.

Comment

Of course, Steven Aftergood, of the Federation of American Scientists, whose initial complaint with the ISOO sparked this whole thing, has some interesting things to say about this issue, including linkage to last night's brilliant Daily Show sendup.
                            Beatnik

Comment

Last nights Daily Show expressed exactly my frustration with the whole thing, and made me laugh!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X