How to not support the troops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to not support the troops

Retired General Antonio Taguba looks back on his investigation of the Abu Ghraib scandal:

“From the moment a soldier enlists, we inculcate loyalty, duty, honor, integrity, and selfless service,” Taguba said. “And yet when we get to the senior-officer level we forget those values. I know that my peers in the Army will be mad at me for speaking out, but the fact is that we violated the laws of land warfare in Abu Ghraib. We violated the tenets of the Geneva Convention. We violated our own principles and we violated the core of our military values. The stress of combat is not an excuse, and I believe, even today, that those civilian and military leaders responsible should be held accountable.”
    http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...?currentPage=1

Re: How to not support the troops

Thank you for beating the dead horse, General. It was about to attack us.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
      Thank you for beating the dead horse, General. It was about to attack us.
      Actually I would argue that many of the common criminals and innocent people that were thrown into Abu Ghraib are in fact attacking 'us' right now. There are still lessons to be learned here.

This is a new report, and one that I found worth reading... something you obviously did not do in the six minutes between posts.

Comment

Remember kids, support the troops (even if the army won't).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X