Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great news. Anti-depressants are now the most prescribed drug in the US.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news. Anti-depressants are now the most prescribed drug in the US.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/07/09...nts/index.html
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Great news. Anti-depressants are now the most prescribed drug in the US.

Ok, now that we have that base covered, can we work on the anti-stupidity pills?

Comment

That's depressing.
      ---
      Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

I (think) I am with Ferris on this one.

For example the anecdote at the beginning of the story. Just because the woman felt better did not absolve her of using her brain and realizing that her husband was stupid. Nor is their any evidence that if she kept feeling bad would she have done anything different. She would just have felt bad about being stupid and non-assertive.

Of course you could say people should feel bad when being stupid. But why should genially dumb people be the only one to go through life blissfully?
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

To quote a very wise man:

Originally posted by Lazarus Long
          Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.

Comment

everything.

is

going to be.

alright.

http://mytherapybuddy.com/My-Therapy...NTOR-2007.html

believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
              believe it.
              It worked fer me.
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

"If you need a doll to tell you everything is going to be allright, thats a good sign everything is not allright." I love that quote. ;)

Comment

Let us rejoice! Our society is not medicated.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

i agree with ferris but alex u should create them take them and tell us how well they work

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

The only reason why everyone is so happy is because we're all slippin' happy pills into our drinks. Though we're probably the most A.D. prescribed country, Canada is still on top of us when it comes to people medicated in general....right.....?

Comment

I dont believe Anti-Depressants should be used as extensivly as they are. Infact, I'm willing to bet that 75% of those on Anti Depressants arent actually "depressed"...

Pills dont make your problems go away. Ever.

I went to a therapist for years...I have alot of emotional baggage. I never was put on drugs, instead, I sought the help of human nature...

Now, I'm not anti-anti depressant. But only wish that Americans would take the reigns of thier own lives, and only use drugs when needed...
                        Skud

Comment

Anti-depressant medications are not mothers little helper and in some less common, not rare, people do suffer some very serious side effects.
                          Which can include deeper depression, heart conditions, pnuemonia.

Well this link just shows you what Prozac can cause as side effects.
                          http://www.fda.gov/cder/foi/label/2002/20358s27lbl.pdf
                          Pages 14 to 18 are a interesting read in regard to the various side effects that one may experience while taking AD drugs.
                          These cases have become serious enough to warrant the FDA to have manufacturers increase the black label size on their AD meds. Also, a leaflet was created for the patients of about 25 medications by the AD drug manufacturers as per the FDA.

I will make a copy of this leaflet when I get to work in the morning and post it on this thread.

This post is not meant to scare you at all. Just to inform you that these medications are not harmless just because they are the most prescribed maintenance drug in the U.S. So if you need these drugs or are thinking of using them. This drug class can help you a little or it may be the thing you need to get out of the dark hole you have been in for months on end. Either way I wish you all the best concerning AD medications.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X