Anti Gun Rights Lawmaker Shoots thief

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Gun Rights Lawmaker Shoots thief

Apparently, he's just against other peoples rights to defend themselves...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288737,00.html
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Anti Gun Rights Lawmaker Shoots theif

Maybe he'll change his vote next time.

Comment

I hope so. All of detials were not listed but I wonder why he shot the guy with a knife. I wonder if the guy with the knife really tried to go after a guy who pulled a gun, what a winner.

Comment

I misread "thief" as "self" because of the typo. I was scared--has literal martyrdom entered the political scene?
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
          I misread "thief" as "self" because of the typo. I was scared--has literal martyrdom entered the political scene?
          Ha, I thought the same thing when I first saw it. But it's still sort of ironic. Maybe he will think differently next time he votes...
          "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

Is this guy anti-gun rights or does he just think that this particular law goes too far? It seems to me the latter.

Comment

Well, no one is perfect. I seriously not surprised; why wouldn't an anti gun lawmaker keep a usp or a glock around the house? xD

Comment

You guys are making a big deal out of the fact that he voted against a particular law without knowing why he did so. He's obviously not "anti-gun rights", given that he owns one.
                In game handle: Steel Scion
                sigpic

Comment

"Anti Gun" and "Gun control" are completely different things. While I have no knowledge of this particular person, if he owned a gun he is not "anti gun"

Anti gun means you dont want anyone but those who need them to have firearms.

gun control is keeping firearms regulated and in safe hands.

ALSO: Foxnews ftl.
                  Skud

Comment

Yep. Look around at all of the blogs calling this guy a hypocrite. Ugh, people don't take a second to slow down and think.

Comment

The reason he is being called a hypocrite is that he will use the law he voted against as his defense for shooting the intruders.

If you spend a few minutes looking at his district and his agenda he appears to have shot a couple of the constituents he appealed to for votes!

Comment

I don't see why that would make justify labeling him a hypocrite. A hypocrite is someone who professes some belief that she does not really hold. As far as we know, this guy voted against a law which was passed. There are numerous reasons one might have for voting against a law. One might be that you think the law is a bad idea. For all we know, he voted against the law because he believed it was a bad idea. You might think it's a bad idea because, say, you think that more gun related violence will follow from the law (just an example) and you think that more gun related violence is bad. But, believing that the law is a bad idea for this reason is not the same as professing that one will not use the law in one's defense. It is only the latter that would justify calling someone a hypocrite who uses the law in her defense not the former.

Moreover, that he shot a couple of constituents he appeal to for votes is orthogonal to whether he's a hypocrite.

Again, people just don't stop to think... *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                          Again, people just don't stop to think... *sigh*
                          Why don't you stop to think, then? Just for a moment... Please?

Read about the bill he voted against, read about how he used his gun, read about the party line on that issue, read about what party he is in, and then decide whether or not he's a hypocrite.

*sigh*
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Re: Anti Gun Rights Lawmaker Shoots thief

Ok, where on FOXNEWS are they going to actually present the facts? Like the bill itself. Nowhere. Because they want it to seem he's anti gun. If it was a GUN CONTROL law, then obviously they dont want us to read it, because then its not good news. If its not a public "outrage" its not worth putting in the news, apperently.
                            Skud

Comment

Re: Anti Gun Rights Lawmaker Shoots thief

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                              Ok, where on FOXNEWS are they going to actually present the facts? Like the bill itself. Nowhere.
                              Did you read the article? It's right there!
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X