Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stern back on the air...

Honestly, stick to boobs and farts...

July 1, 2004 -- HOWARD Stern added nine new stations to his radio network yesterday, which he vows to use to defeat President Bush.
    "You'll notice that a lot of these markets are in swing states," Stern told reporters and listeners during a rare on-air news conference at his K-Rock (92.3 FM) studios.

"Our audience is full of independent voters, and research shows we're having an effect on the election," he said, vowing to "hang in there, particularly until George W. Bush is out of office."

link
    New to TG?

Re: Stern back on the air...

Interesting how he blames Bush, but the Senate voted 99-1 to jack up the fines he's staring at (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00134). So with the exception of Breaux (D- LA) every Democratic Senator, including the candidates for Pres. and (presumed) V.P. support the FCC's position.

Does anyone have a record of Bush weighing in on this matter at all? I'm not suggesting that he hasn't, but the link between Bush and these FCC actions seems opportunistic.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
      Interesting how he blames Bush, but the Senate voted 99-1 to jack up the fines he's staring at (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00134). So with the exception of Breaux (D- LA) every Democratic Senator, including the candidates for Pres. and (presumed) V.P. support the FCC's position.

Does anyone have a record of Bush weighing in on this matter at all? I'm not suggesting that he hasn't, but the link between Bush and these FCC actions seems opportunistic.
      But the head of the FCC is Colin Powell's Son...don't you see?! :icon_roll
      New to TG?

Comment

oh yes well good point. I can see how that would influence a Senate vote, and it speaks volumes about Bush's opinion on this matter. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X