If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
We get complaints all the time about our software because we require 1 upper case, 1 lower case, 1 number and one special character "!@#$%^&*()_+" and a minimum of 6 characters.
One person refused to buy it because we would not allow blank passwords.
So I don't think it will ever disappear.
Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
- "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
- "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
- "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
- If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
- "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
- "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife
lolz -- Although I have to admit I do have the same (or a variant of) pw for all my different sites. My mom is a member of so many writing websites and forums and groups that she actually has a program that stores all of hers. I think that's a SERIOUSLY bad idea... But what can I say? She's the one that has Gator and Weatherbug and actually clicks on banners to see what she's won....... Heh. Moms. *shrug*
I heart TG.
"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.
Thats rediculous. If I was told to put in the password 123456, the first thing I'd ask is "Can I change that?". As for claiming not to be responsible because he's not a "technical person" is absolutely absurd. Go back to the middle ages, evolve or die, especially when your job requires it.
At least he's paranoid now and changing the password every other night :D
The fault is on the manufacturer and the end user.
When you create a password for floor level access to all the functions of a machine. You would figure that 1) this password would be included on a separate piece of paper in the instructions or mailed before receipt of the machine. 2) You would not assume all people cannot read the manual of said ATM. Because why would anyone want to intentionally and maliciously edit some functions for the personal gain.
Ignorance does not excuse you from the outcomes of many laws.
So to say that you did not know a password should have been changed.
When my 8 year old cousin could gain access to your ATM. By reading the operating manual is just plain ignorant.
Do you give out your pin number for your Debit card or leave signed checks out for anyone to take? Well when you figure that's what was happening with the root password being printed in the operating manual. Which by the way is the same password my 8 year old cousin just used to manipulate the functions on your ATM.