Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you believe this... in 2007???

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...programmi.html

Can you believe this stuff happens still in 2007? 123456 as a password? Gimme a break! :D
    I heart TG.
    xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Re: Can you believe this... in 2007???

They call them temporary passwords for a reason.

Shows who's who when people don't read the manual.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

We get complaints all the time about our software because we require 1 upper case, 1 lower case, 1 number and one special character "[email protected]#$%^&*()_+" and a minimum of 6 characters.

One person refused to buy it because we would not allow blank passwords.

So I don't think it will ever disappear.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|SugarNCamo View Post
        http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...programmi.html

Can you believe this stuff happens still in 2007? 123456 as a password? Gimme a break! :D
        Great. Now I have to change my forum password.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
          Great. Now I have to change my forum password.
          lolz -- Although I have to admit I do have the same (or a variant of) pw for all my different sites. My mom is a member of so many writing websites and forums and groups that she actually has a program that stores all of hers. I think that's a SERIOUSLY bad idea... But what can I say? She's the one that has Gator and Weatherbug and actually clicks on banners to see what she's won....... Heh. Moms. *shrug*
          I heart TG.
          xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

I believe that several workstations at the pentagon had passwords with 1234.

Comment

Originally posted by amu107.9 View Post
              I believe that several workstations at the pentagon had passwords with 1234.
              They figure if you are able to gain clearance into the Pentagon without their knowledge, you deserve to be rewarded.

I have about 4-5 main passwords I use and keep them all in an excel document... mostly cause I have almost 100 different sites to keep track of.

()

Comment

Roboform.

Comment

Thats rediculous. If I was told to put in the password 123456, the first thing I'd ask is "Can I change that?". As for claiming not to be responsible because he's not a "technical person" is absolutely absurd. Go back to the middle ages, evolve or die, especially when your job requires it.

At least he's paranoid now and changing the password every other night :D

Comment

As an Armored Guard, I service ATMs and find it absurd that we still use 1234 for our pws... ridiculous.

()

Comment

So should we start a poll seeing whose to blame? :D

-The Shop Owner.
                      -The Company owning the ATMs.
                      -The Company that made the ATMs.

Comment

The fault is on the manufacturer and the end user.

Manufacturer:
                        When you create a password for floor level access to all the functions of a machine. You would figure that 1) this password would be included on a separate piece of paper in the instructions or mailed before receipt of the machine. 2) You would not assume all people cannot read the manual of said ATM. Because why would anyone want to intentionally and maliciously edit some functions for the personal gain.

End User
                        Ignorance does not excuse you from the outcomes of many laws.
                        So to say that you did not know a password should have been changed.
                        When my 8 year old cousin could gain access to your ATM. By reading the operating manual is just plain ignorant.
                        Do you give out your pin number for your Debit card or leave signed checks out for anyone to take? Well when you figure that's what was happening with the root password being printed in the operating manual. Which by the way is the same password my 8 year old cousin just used to manipulate the functions on your ATM.

Comment

Passwords are one of those things where there is not beauty in simplicity. Unless you're the hacker.
                          ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

That's the same password I have on my luggage

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse