Oil on the Water: The Coffeyville Flood of 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil on the Water: The Coffeyville Flood of 2007

I found a cool web album of the flood damage from the Coffeyville, Kansas flood that took place earlier this month:

http://picasaweb.google.com/kstateal...villeFlood2007

A regional oil refinery lost about 71,000 gallons of crude in to the surrounding neighborhood during the flooding. Most residents (and the EPA) are still trying to decide whether or not to rebuild on the eastern half of the city that was inundated in muck.

I also submitted it on Digg if you're into that sort of thing ;) :

http://digg.com/environment/PICTURES..._Flood_of_2007
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Oil on the Water: The Coffeyville Flood of 2007

That whole situation was no fun. Coffeyville isn't particularly close to KC but it did impact local gas prices fairly significantly. I noticed we finally dropped back below $3.10 today.
    Last edited by DigitalAssassin; 07-19-2007, 07:02 PM. Reason: Rincewind caught my dreaming!

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin View Post
      That whole situation was no fun. Coffeyville isn't particularly close to KC but it did impact local gas prices fairly significantly. I noticed we finally dropped back below $2.10 today.
      Below $2.10? You lucky dog! Our gas is running $3.00+ in OKC.

But I bet you meant below 3.10, right? ;)
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Um, yeah, apparently I was in the middle of a fantasy when I posted that. Definitely meant $3.10. :)

Comment

Wow, what a bummer. I didn't even hear about it before this.
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X