X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 hardest PC games

A nice article I spotted on Digg today:

http://www.custompc.co.uk/features/6..._pc_games.html

I have to agree with most of it. Especially the IL-2 family of games. I wish they would have included LO:MAC or Falcon 4 in there. What are your toughest games?
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: Top 10 hardest PC games

AvP the #1 hardest game? I beat it no problem and with all 3 races.

...Oh yeah, I used cheat codes. Woops. I guess it could have been hard without them. I loved that game, though. The LAN play was a blast.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Pong.

Hidden and Dangerous 2 used to give me fits too.

Comment

HW2 @ #8, What?!

Someone hasn't played Freespace: The Great War then. That is much harder compared to HW2 (which I beat without cheats and only replaying the last mission once due to a power outtage). Try flying through the CIWS of a monolithic capital ship while taking on the likes of 40+ fighters...by yourself (and with a very limited payload of missles).
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Syndicate: American Revolt is literally the hardest game I have ever played. No other game comes close to it's completely impossible gameplay. You COULD argue that it's like playing on "hardcore" difficulty, but even then: even on "nightmare" like levels, I could plod through most game slowly.

S:AR gave you absolutely no time to even get your feet on the ground before it blasted you into atoms. In fact, I could barely even analyze exactly WHAT happened to my guys before they were all toast. One of the first levels has you getting blasted by rockets within 15 seconds of it starting.

Seriously, WHY!? It's inhuman.

I'm guessing the only reason it didn't make #1 would either be due to how old it is (It's Bullfrog though) or that once you had the levels worked out, you could possibly beat them 100% of the time.

AVP did benefit from random spawn points and a good atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
            HW2 @ #8, What?!

Someone hasn't played Freespace: The Great War then. That is much harder compared to HW2 (which I beat without cheats and only replaying the last mission once due to a power outtage). Try flying through the CIWS of a monolithic capital ship while taking on the likes of 40+ fighters...by yourself (and with a very limited payload of missles).
            Freespace is awesome. If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend playing through it with Freespace Open. Night and day difference, graphics wise from the originals. Much more immersive,

Comment

Any game with Santa on the other team should be included ;)

Doom2 on nightmare difficulty was pretty impossible. Used to hook up to my mate's comp with a null modem cable and try and complete it working together. Aaarrgggghhhh, Archville's everywhere!!!!!

Comment

Civ 4 or Civ 3. Why?

GHANDI IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT. He is ALWAYS IN FIRST PLACE, and although pacifist, somehow maintains a thounsand man army. Really, Even if its 2 humans against him, he's damn near impossible to beat. Sid Mier has some love for Ghandi, making him so hard to beat for some reason. While this is half kidding, I'm completely serious. Ghandi is so overly powerful that it gets to a point where you just accept that you cant beat him.
                Skud

Comment

Any of the commandos series, but especially the 2nd one. Those games are RIDICULOUS on the later levels.

Mafia, the race scene, was the hardest mission I've ever experienced. Harder than Medal of Honor sniper village or Dday. They actually issued a patch that make the race level easier.

Comment

CS:S .... Ive been playing for over 7 years... I havent beat it yet!!!!
                    Dizlor

Comment

I would have to agree with that article, AVP from 1999 is the hardest =( it's freaking scarier then doom 3 too.

Comment

Far Cry, hands down for me and I was playing on normal. It took me 2 and 1/2 years to finish. I'm shuttering to think how hard Crysis will be.
                        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                        "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                        - Check me out on The Onion
                        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
                          Far Cry, hands down for me and I was playing on normal. It took me 2 and 1/2 years to finish. I'm shuttering to think how hard Crysis will be.
                          I have to agree with the fat kid, this was a tough game to beat especially in the later levels. The level that comes to mind was the lobby with all the pillars right before you had to fight Kreiger, took weeks of frustration to figure that one out. Cant wait for Crysis!!
                          |TG-8th|RAGE

SigPic provided by

I am a proud former IRRegular!

Comment

Plasma pong should have a spot somewhere up there.
                            AKA
                            USMCSierraJuan
                            Sierra_6177

Defabian

Comment

What? HW2? If anything there should be HW1.
                              I never even completed it.

|TG-Irr|JamesTerror

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...