Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Moore go to jail for Farenheit 911?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Moore go to jail for Farenheit 911?

He's admitted the purpose of the movie is to remove Bush from office right? So should he be able to advertise the movie before the primary and the election? Our new campaign finance rules might be broken if he does.

"That would be shortsighted and unprincipled. The protections of the First Amendment are for everyone. So, Free Michael Moore! And while you're at it: Free the rest of us too."

Caution-Conservative thinking ahead-don your tinfoil hat:Article
    New to TG?

Re: Could Moore go to jail for Farenheit 911?

Could he go to jail? Honestly I think it would be hard to build a case to begin with. Let alone convincing a jury to convict. Should he go to jail? Meh, half-truths are better than no truths! :P

Comment

If the movie is still kicking by Sept. we'll have to see if they break the law or not.

Comment

Give me a break..

The person who should go to jail is Bush, for his lying to the American people over and over, his corrupt relationship with Kenneth Lay, and his funneling of American dollars to his crony companies, such as Haliburton.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
          He's admitted the purpose of the movie is to remove Bush from office right? So should he be able to advertise the movie before the primary and the election? Our new campaign finance rules might be broken if he does.
          LOL, I didn't think of that. This is good, it should allow that crappy law to go to the Supreme Court rather quickly and the law will be dismissed as unconstitutional...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Meh, half-truths are better than no truths! :P

:icon_roll

oh ffs, if you really believe that,

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
              Give me a break..

The person who should go to jail is Bush, for his lying to the American people over and over, his corrupt relationship with Kenneth Lay, and his funneling of American dollars to his crony companies, such as Haliburton.
              You keep chiming in with these silly little comments of yours, but you never seem to participate when we're discussing facts. You remind me of a little yappy chihuahua that yips a lot, but is truly frightened to get into a scuffle...
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                You keep chiming in with these silly little comments of yours, but you never seem to participate when we're discussing facts. You remind me of a little yappy chihuahua that yips a lot, but is truly frightened to get into a scuffle...

well considering i think we have been over haliburton and it is not so black and white as this.

as for this guy going to jail i think not, ok he is a but munch but as far as i knew he was a reporter and was not being paid or represented by the democrat party. so therefore shutting him up would just be an infringement of his freedom.

as much of an ass as he is freedom of speech means he can publically be an arse with noone censoring him

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                  oh ffs, if you really believe that,
                  Yes?
                  Anyways I was joking. I already found out the whole truth and I think its a shame he lies and makes himself an easy target. If he told the whole truth he wouldn't be so dismissed, but then he wouldn't be Michael Moore. The left's truth-teller is Al Franken. He's also a bit funnier.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
                    ..........I already found out the whole truth.................

PLEASE< Fill the rest of the world in.......

what, exactly, is the whole truth...... I for one am tired of sifting through everyones idea of the truth both globally and locally (some of you know of what I speak) to get to "the whole truth" so please, save me a lot of trouble and tell us what this whole truth is.
                    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I concur- please, enlighten the rest of us neanderthals here.

Comment

I found it too but I'm not tellin'!

Nyah!

Comment

Everyone loves the smell of their own brand... <flatulence>

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                            as for this guy going to jail i think not, ok he is a but munch but as far as i knew he was a reporter and was not being paid or represented by the democrat party. so therefore shutting him up would just be an infringement of his freedom.
                            Well, regardless of whether or not he originally intended for it to be such a politically charged movie, the fact is that a law recently passed over here that severely restricts the type and time of political messages. The fact that he stated that the purpose of his film is to get President Bush out of office affirms the fact that it's could fall into that category of restricted advertising. I'm not too familiar with the law, however, so the fact that he's not paying to broadcast his message (quite the opposite, in fact) may save his bacon. Zebra mentioned McCain's idiocy in another thread, however, so maybe he can tell us more about this law and whether it will affect this film.
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Even if a law WAS broken, I don't think he'll be spending any time in jail, to be honest. Maybe a stiff fine, which he will then use to futher say that "the man" is keeping his scrubby ass down.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X